Chapter 2 - On Our Way

Marinette P.O.V.

I began to panic as I looked around the principle's office, seeing Maman, Papa, and Mr. Damocles look at me worriedly. The world was spinning faster, and my head felt lighter and lighter. Suddenly, black spots interrupted my vision, and the ground was nearing my face...

"Marinette!"

TIME SKIP

I woke up feeling groggy and my head was aching. Around me I saw white walls, a couch, and a woman holding an ice pack to my forehead. My vision was slowly coming back to me, and I could see her face. She was dark-skinned, had intense gray eyes, a face caked with foundation and mascara, and a little bit of lipstick on her teeth. 

"Hello, Marinette. I'm Mrs. Marianne , the school nurse. You had fainted in Mr. Damocles's office, so they brought you here. I can tell you hit your head hard on the ground, so I gave you an ice pack, but you seem to be alright," The nurse said, still holding the now warm icepack to my forehead.

I smiled weakly, "Thanks, Mrs. Marianne. I'm alright. If it's okay, I'd like to go back to my parents, please?" She looked at me, furrowing her brows. 

"I suppose, but take this portable icepack with you, and make sure you don't run, okay, hun?" Mrs. Marianne said, and I simply nodded my head slightly. 

"Marinette? Girl, are you okay?" I heard Alya say from the doorway to the nurse's office. Mrs. Marianne helped me up from the chair I'd been sitting in to where Alya was standing. She hugged me and wrapped her arm around my waist, assisting me to the principle's office. 

"You know me," I said, trying to quickly come up with an excuse for my previous accident, "I'm always falling left and right." 

And to that Alya laughed, "Honestly, girl, you are such a disaster." I laughed, too, partly lying, partly telling the sad truth. 

"Hey Mari!" 

My heart began to beat hard and fast. Only one person I knew had called me that, other than Maman, and that was-

"Adrien! What brings you out here?" Alya said, nudging me in my side. I turned to Adrien, who was walking toward us with Nino. They both had worried expressions on their faces, and to that I nearly died. Adrien's worried about me! Me! I mean, of course he is he's caring to everyone, but he's worried for me

"You okay dudette?" Nino said, "We heard you passed out." I shook my head, lying. 

"I actually fell too hard, and hit my head," I mumbled and smiled. I saw Alya role her eyes in my peripheral vision, and I giggled. Then, my eyes went to Adrien who was staring at me intensely. I looked at him with confusion. He snapped out of it and put his hand on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Mari? You okay?" Adrien said, and heat rose to my face. I smiled sheepishly and replied with a meek 'yes.' I felt Alya nudge me in side after Adrien had said 'Mari.' My face felt even hotter as he pulled me into a hug. A HUG. On the inside I screamed and panicked. Adrien had never hugged me before, well of course he didn't, it's not like I'm his girlfriend or anything, or am I? No! Well? No!

"Marinette, darling are you alright?" Maman called from inside Mr. Damocles's office. Adrien chose to release the hug, sadly, but he continued to hold me close to him, and I turned to look into the office. Maman and Papa stood next to Mr. Damocles, who was sitting behind his desk, hands folded together. 

I sighed, "Sorry guys, I gotta go. It's important." I let go of Adrien, WHO WAS HOLDING ME, and waved goodbye to my friends. Then entered the office. Papa closed the door behind me, and I sighed again.