| chapter twelve |

' he was the only one she needed '

THE SUN ROSE LIKE A FLOWER OPENING, gifting its petals unto the world

THE SUN ROSE LIKE A FLOWER OPENING, gifting its petals unto the world. Amid the dancing, raindrops were the blush of scarlet, the warmth of tangerine. Gazing toward the illuminated clouds, still beneath the ethereal glow, Hailey breathed into her hands, creating some warmth as she stood on a porch.

"Aunt Hailey!" The door opened and revealed a joyful hybrid, stars shining in her eyes.

"Hey, baby girl." She smiled at her niece, embracing her in a hug. Renesmee laughed as she was lifted off the floor and being carried in Hailey's arm, the girl closing the door on her way in. "How are you?"

"I'm good! I went to the movies with Jake this morning."

"Did you now?" Hailey smiled as Renesmee explained to her what she did in the morning, her brown eyes lighting up with joy.

"Mum! Look who's here!" The cute hybrid yelled as they walked into the living room. Bella looked up, and a smile graced her lips as she walked to her sister.

"Hailey!" The younger brunette hugged her older sister, her daughter in her sister's arm. "Why are you here?"

"What? You don't want me here?" Hailey fake cried, her unoccupied hand covering the left section of her chest, where her heart is, as she feigned her hurt. Bella rolled her eyes at her sister's childish actions before sitting down with her husband.

"Aunt Hailey!" Said girl looked towards her niece with a raised eyebrow. "Do you want to hear me play?" Hailey nodded and allowed Renesmee to drag her aunt to the piano, and the hybrid began playing a piece, Hailey listening as she rested against it, her eyes following Renesmee's fingers as they pressed down onto a key.

"That was beautiful." Hailey complimented, a blush rising to Renesmee's cheek. "When did you learn how to play the piano?"

"Daddy taught me!" The brunette glanced towards the husband of her sister, who was smiling softly at the two along with Bella. Hailey grinned before pushing Renesmee over and placing her hands on the keys, breathing in before exhaling and soon as her finger pressed down on a key.

And just like that, her mind drifted off as her fingers began pressing down on the memorised keys, knowing exactly what to press and when. Her hands moved with grace, the melody coming from the piano was soft, and the house was filled with music from the heart of the only full human in the house. Love and joy emitted from the melody as the brunette thought of her boyfriend and all their romantic and joyful moments, each one of them heartwarming.

"That was amazing!" Cried Renesmee once her aunt's forefinger pressed the white coloured key softly, ending the piece.

"It truly was." Hailey looked up to see Esme and the rest of the family there. The human blushed at the compliments, a smile dancing on her pink, plush lips.

"Thank you." Hailey smiled at the hybrid kissing her cheek before gasping, a jolt of pain coursing through her. "Auntie?!" Hearing her daughters distressed scream, Bella ran into the room only to see her sister in pain, tears flowing down her face.

"Something isn't right," Hailey said as she clutched her stomach before she realised what was happening. "Where is he?" The human asked, her voice shaking as she looked at her sister with watery eyes. Bella was confused, her brows furrowing. "Where is Xavier?"