| chapter eleven |

' he did everything she wanted '

"WE WIN!" Hailey yelled as she jumped up on excitement, fist bumping with Jacob and Paul, who grinned at her

"WE WIN!" Hailey yelled as she jumped up on excitement, fist bumping with Jacob and Paul, who grinned at her. Xavier sighed but smiled, happy to see his girlfriend jumping around in joy.

"You really love her; don't you?" Paul realised as they watched Hailey rub the other teams lose in their faces. Xavier nodded, a loving smile on his face.

"She's my one and only." Soon, Hailey ran onto the shore with Quill, the two collecting seashells.

"Babe!" The brunette ran over, a gleeful expression painted on her face. "Look!"

The seashells were light in her outstretched palm. They were a semi-translucent white, and although they were no more significant than the nail on her pinky, each one was like a perfect unicorn's horn with a spiral running from the tip to the opening at the base.

"They're gorgeous." He commented, stroking her cheek as she blushed, pecking his lips as she placed them in her bag on the side before going to find more.

"Hails! Look what I found!" Hailey turned to see Quill with seashells in his palm. Inside the seashells were iridescent, shining with the colours of the ocean. Blues swirled with greens and shone prettily in the early morning sun.

"Wow." Hailey wondered what kind of creature had made them; she imagined that they once belonged to tiny sea-snails. "They're amazing!"

The two continued to collect rare and beautiful shells before they splashed around in the water along with everyone else.

"Xavier!" Hailey screamed as she felt herself be placed on someone's shoulder. She clutched onto Xavier's silk-like hair and let out a here he as she fell into the water. Swimming up, Hailey glared at her boyfriend as he and the others.

"That's not funny." She pouted, crossing her arms.

"Come on, babe. It was just a joke." She huffed and turned away from him, ignoring the tingly feeling she felt as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He trailed kisses up and down her neck and the brunette immediately relaxed and smiled, looking up into his eyes.

"Fine." She breathed. "I forgive you."

Hailey whispers into the breeze, her eyelids fluttering closed as she breathes in the briny aroma. Scrunching her toes, she feels the softness of the sand, still damp from the retreating tide.

She wiggles as a shiver cascades down her spine, and her eyes burst open. The sand blurs out in a blissful trance, the shore fading into liquid gold, vivid in the brilliant light. Her pale lips curve upward.

Hailey bestows her gaze to the far off horizon, the flaring hues of the sun melting into the sky and ocean like a divine painting. The forever stretching sea is masked with an apricot colour, that beautiful umber flowing into turquoise.

Through narrowed eyes she watches as each wave overlaps one another, sending the white bubbling crests descending, masking the shore with the clear fading water.

Xavier watched with hooded eyes as other people started to look at Hailey with lust. There was a group of guys and two girls that stared at the brunette, gazing at her body.

Xavier let out a growl as they started to walk to her and quickly sped over, making sure like he didn't seem to be in a rush and acted cool, wrapping an arm her waist as he kissed her temple.

"You're jealous." Hailey hummed as she gazed into the horizon. Xavier chuckled, kissing her hair and nodding.

"You know me so well." The two smiled, and Hailey couldn't help but relax in his arms.

"Isn't the view beautiful?" The brunette asked as she stared at the sea with a gazed look.

"Yes." Hearing the love in the voice, Hailey looked up to see her boyfriend looking down at her. Raising a brow, Hailey looked at her boyfriend with eyes full of confusion.

"You're not looking at the view." Xavier's next comment had Hailey's face heating and the guys in the background fake gagging.

"You are my view."