The MFZ Apocalypse

CHAPTER 1
May 24, 2162 Alaska, Juno
   The MFZ virus spread here too. Tomorrow we leave for Canada. Joe and I hope it is safer, and I'm running low on AK rounds so it'd be great to find some more there. We found a big hovercraft here in this military base, we even found trucks with the fuel for it, I've always wanted to ride in a hover craft, those things are fast. We'll get to Canada in no time at all. We went from 50 to just 15 survivors in just 2 weeks. Well on the bright side we have more food. We plan to go straight there.
Gertrude

"Head count!" Says Joe. "Chris?"

"Here!"

"Gertrude?"

"Yup"

"Mitchel?"

"Yes I am here,"

"Lily?"

"Here captain!"

"Northrop?"

"Yes sir!"

"Peter?"

"Here as always,"

"Bill?"

"Here!"

"Taylor?"

"Sir yes sir!"

"Bob?"

"Mmmmhhhhmmm,"

"Gus?"

"Gus at your service sir!"

"Eunice?"

"Yes sir!"

"Scott?"

"Here!"

"Lieutenant? lieutenant! lieutenant Jack?!"

"Sorry sir had to check on something, but I am here!"

"And myself, Gertrude is that everyone?" Joe asks.

"Yes sir!"

"Alright then lets move out!" Joe said grabbing his 19-11. A few zombies approach us but we save our bullets and every one gets on the hover craft, using the rope ladder.

"Joe?" I ask once we're on board.

"Yes Gertrude?" Joe asks back.

"Whe-"

"Captain!" I hear Jack yell. "There are two zombies on the ladder!"

"What the hell! Who was the last one and didn't raise it?" Joe snaps.

"Uhh..."

"Well? are you going to tell me who that idiot might be? or not!" Joe says angrily.

"Well... it appears to be... Tom sir." Jack admits.

" Well for the love of... huh Gertrude go get Tom now!"

"Of course sir," I say lifting up my A-K 47 and climbing back into the crowded cargo area.
"Tom! Captain Joe requests you in the pilots room ASAP!" I yell over the noise.

"Y...yes ma'm!" he stutters and enters the cockpit. "Captain? Someone told me you were looking for me," Tom says shooting me a dirty look.

Joe sees the look and says "yes Tom, you know why? well I will tell you why, you forgot to raise the ladder! so my question is should I kill you now?" Joe is now next to the hovercrafts door with his hand on the handle.

"No! wait!" Tom pleads.

"Captain!" I say.

"I am a little busy with Tom right now Gertrude, so you better make this quick!" Joe sounds angry.

"Well zombies proceed to climb the ladder," I say.

"Ahh perfect! Tom, you can take care of the zombies," Joe pushes him with his gun, "And Gertrude, make sure he does"

"Yes sir! come on you dumb ass!" I hit Tom with my gun, "go!"

"I'm going geeze!" Tom snaps at me. He climbs down the ladder a little to get a better shot and he shoots all of the zombies except the one that grabs his foot and they booth fall and... end up a nice red blood pool.

"14" I whisper to myself as I renter the cockpit.

"Well, did he do as I asked?" Joe asks me.

"Yes, but Tom is gone."

"And the zombies?"

"They're gone too," I say.

"Okay good, bring in the ladder,"

I bring in the ladder and go in the back to sit down, I'm tired and close my eyes...

I'm asleep and then I'm abruptly woken ripped away from my spot. A huge zombie is holding me up by my throat screaming at me with a hoarse voice and breath smelling of flesh. I struggle and reach for my knife and as I'm about to plunge it into his face he grabs my arm and the knife falls. I'm suffocating now as his grip tightens, my head will surely pop off soon. My eyes are getting bigger pushing out of my head and... I scream as I'm awoken from my sleep and Bertha is standing in front of me.

"Are you okay? You were screaming," she tells me.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't..."

"Joe! We should be here in Canada now," Peter yells so we all can hear.

"Wait Joe, look, it's deserted," I say.

"Well, I guess we are too late," Joe says.

"Joe we're almost out of fuel, I have to bring us down now this is as far as we can get,"

"Alright. Bring us down,"