Prologue

Ace Draconis sat heavily on a rock, listening, waiting. His highly toned ears picked up various sounds surrounding him. He felt alone, isolated. Well, he'd felt that way all his life, so what did it matter anyway? Alien, freak... might as well make it his name now, eh? He hadn't always felt isolated and alone...

When he was younger, he'd lived on Wyvernia, a planet which housed supernatural beings who were part dragon. His father, Nathan Draconis, had been the leader of those people. He'd been happy there, until one day a large war broke out. Humans had landed, and were fighting to destroy his species. His father had led the attack against them, but the humans had planted a bomb on the planet. Quickly, his father had told his mother to get him to one of the secret escape pods located underground. His father quickly gave his mother something that Ace couldn't see, as his mother began to run. However, as soon as they got to the escape pods, a horrible sight greeted them. All but one pod had been destroyed, and the essence of a bomb still remained. Smoke and charred pieces of metal were everywhere.

Ace watched as his mother put him in the last escape pod. He'd asked her if she was coming with him, but she only smiled weakly and kissed him on the forehead. The next bit was a blur; his mother set him off in the escape pod, and the next thing he knew he was speeding away from his home planet with his father's amulet around his neck. So that's what his father had given his mother...

Suddenly a huge explosion rocked the pod he was in. Fireworks exploded before his eyes. Fearfully, he glanced back at Wyvernia, back to his friends, his parents, his home...

It had all been blown to bits. With dread, he realized he was the last of his kind.

Everyone he knew was dead.