'where do we start'...

Her eyes were still transfixed on the bright neon substance before her as Dr. Burke spoke. She was just in awe but didn't let it show. Then it occurred to her...

"Wait. Your little lab rat mentioned that the substance was 'tampered' with beforehand... You mixed it with some of the mutations already used on me since birth- didn't you?!" She said in a demanding tone.

He knew she couldn't be fooled; one of her skills was that she could read people perfectly, she's never been wrong yet.

"Well, technically yes. But he also mentioned that it's highly toxic... Meaning it can only be used by individuals with the rare blood type- and one whose body has already been both exposed and adapted to such harsh chemicals and mutations before-hand, that means you. Katastrophis." Dr. Burke said with an arched brow. 

She turned her attention to him now, with only the test tube of neon green as a source of light on their faces. 

"Is that why I feel a strange connection to it, Doctor.

"Yes!"

"But why? It clearly doesn't have that much of the already existing mutations used on me before in it, if not at all! Doesn't matter what little 'tampering' you did to it. That's pure toxic mutation inside that test tube and you know it!"

She yelled at him pointing her finger in his face, making him flinch.

"Yes! Okay! Your right! It is basically just the pure form of it's previous substance state-but it was tampered with! Just enough to the lowest possible configuration to be able to be put safely into your body without it having to much of a serious... 'side effect'."

He said urgently. Trying to convince her with reassurance before losing his potential 'test subject'.

She backed off a bit as he said this, but never eased her intense gaze with her eyebrows furrowed. She was still on edge and uncomfortable of this whole situation and was about to walk out but she couldn't. She needed to know why this foreign substance had such a strange hold over her. She never had any being or force have control over her like this, besides of course when she was an infant and being injected over and over throughout her life of experiment mutations and being obedient to her trainers and mentor. But this- This was different.  She wasn't just going to walk away from this. She couldn't.

"Alright. But that still doesn't explain why it makes me feel so, off around it." She said putting her hands on her hips turning side ways  while eyeing up the test tube in his hand.

"That's why we need you to join the program so we can find out more about this substance and what it can truly do... Not only for you, but for the other individuals who follow in your footsteps and survive what you have been through. Then they go onto this. If they make it that far that is..."

She turned her head slowly to look at him with her hands still on her hips. With a full on death glare as her eyes widened a bit with her jaw clenched. Which he noticed but he held his anxious stare back at her with a hint of threat in it. Trying to challenge her back but it was wavering. 

When he said that she just felt her blood boil as it ran through her face and body with rage and almost a cold feeling, it was a confusing sensation. She was offended that he even mentioned the potential deaths of future soldiers like a threat. Just because he wants to play mad scientist and see if his toxic concoction 'might' work without killing the test subject first? The fact that he was threatening her to join just because if she didn't he would have to find other 'alternatives' to experiment on.

Which they both knew that any body who didn't have her rare blood type and years and years of injections of genetic mutations and adaptions along with intense training on top of that... Wouldn't last a single injection of that substance.