Hanging with Boys (8)

New part. Enjoy!

Samantha's POV

The next morning, I woke up feeling beyond tired. I rubbed my eyes and took a shower. I sighed as I remembered last night. My dad had a talk with me. He said he was disappointed in me. He said he knows that sometimes people my age drink, like he had, but he wished I had called. He just gave me a long lecture and said I should learn from my mistake. But my mom is still grounding me. At least I can still have the guys over. If she took that away from me, I'd die. Seriously.

I changed into paint splattered shorts and a plaid button up shirt with the sleeves rolled to my elbows. I know. I look kind of nice in the outfit. My mom bought it for me one year and I never wore it. Since she grounded me, maybe I can look nice and suck up to her. Maybe she'll end the thing soon.

I brushed through my hair and let it down. I actually looked nice and dressed up. I was about to put on the makeup my mom tries to get me to wear, but I don't think I'll put myself through that torture. It isn't worth it. I put on my pink flip flops on and went down the stairs. It felt really weird so I put up my hair last minute.

"Sammy, you look nice," my mom said. Jace was already over. I smiled at him then turned back to my mom.

"Really? I thought I'd give it a try," I said, trying to sound innocent. Like there wasn't something I might be getting from this. My mom bought it. She smiled and placed scrambled eggs on my plate.

"No thanks, mom. I'm going to be heading off," I said. She nodded and looked at my outfit once more before waving goodbye. Once I got out of the house and into Jace's car, he looked at me strangely. Like he had me all figured out. Weird how my best friend knows me more than my own mom.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing, just thought I'd look nice for once," I said, making my eyes go big and innocent. He rolled his eyes and said something like, 'You always look nice,' or something like that. But I might've heard wrong.

"Come on, Sam. I know you," he said.

"Well, my mom grounded me big time and I thought that if I wore the clothes she bought me, she might soften up," I admitted. He nodded.

"You look nice," he said. I felt my face get hot. Oh God! Was I blushing? Over a comment Jace said? I shook my head and mentally slapped myself. These clothes are messing with my mind. We drove over to pick up the guys and then headed towards Starbuck's. We sat there with our coffee while eating the pie that Tony's mom made.

"It's really good," Cory said. He was on his second slice. I laughed at how funny he looked.

"Yeah, man. Your mom should open up a pie shop," Callum added in.

"She wants to open a restaurant, but she says she's getting too old," Tony said.

"That's stupid. She's not that old. She looks young. If I didn't know she was your mom and her age, I'd tap that," Cory said, smirking. We all made faces of disgust. Tony glared.

"First my sister, now my mom?" Tony asked. Cory shrugged.

"That's disgusting, Core," I said. He shook his head and laughed.

"I'm just kidding, Sam. You know I'm still waiting for you to take my offer," he said. It was my turn to laugh.

"When the world are taken over by mutant frogs from outer space," I spat. He looked hurt then he smirked.

"Aw, that hurts, Samantha. You know you're the only girl for me," he said. For some odd reason, he looked sincere while saying it. Again, probably just the clothes getting to my head.