Birthday Girl

------A Week or so Later------

----Louise's P.O.V.----

I wake up to an empty bed, no Natallie. She must have gone home early today, It's Friday! I refuse to go to school today because it is my seventeenth birthday. No Natallie and I are not together, yet. I am working on it slowly. She calls me Boo now, it is super cute. I think I might start calling her Allie, Natallie is a tad too long.

It's nine in the morning so I get up and get ready for today. I walk to the kitchen, there's a present on the counter. I quickly unwrap my present, it's a new phone that Allie must have gotten for me. The phone is already set up and I have one text message.

[ HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRRRRRL -Allie ] I giggle and reply.

[ Where are you? you left really early, I hoped you would be here when I woke up and after all it IS my birthday -Lou] I was really curious on why she left. I wait about ten minutes until I get a response.

[ I'm really sorry but I have to go away for a little while, I will be back in about a month. I've had to go home to my mum because she is quite sick so I must take care of her. That's why I got you the phone, so we can still talk and stuff while I'm gone :) -Allie ] This is the first time I've ever heard Allie even slightly mention one of her parents.

[ May I ask what is wrong with your mother? ] it's probably nothing serious, I think Allie just wants to get away from me for a while.

[ My mother has cancer and she's dying ] oh, well shit.

After that I don't hear from Allie for about two months. I have since then left school and started working full time at the local Irish tavern called "The Old Shillelagh" as a bar maid. The job pays well and even though I'm not legally allowed to drink I got the job because I know the owner.

------During those two months------

----Louise's P.O.V.----

It has been about five days since Allie has contacted me, I'm starting to feel alone again and I don't like it. I know Allie has to care for her mother but she must have some spare time and after all it only takes like two seconds to send a text message. I shouldn't bag on Allie for wanting to be there for her family though.

Since she's been gone I have started work at the bar as a waitress it isn't much but I do like the job and it has fair pay as well which is good. Overall its been okay since she left, I mean I haven't made any new friends yet but I am working on it.

I awake to a loud knock on the door. I don't have a clue who it could be, I don't talk to people, and the people I do talk to sure as hell don't know where I live. I drag myself out of bed, still wearing my clothes from the night before which are blue denim shorts a black top and my dark red leather jacket, the one Allie sent me for my birthday.

I walk past the kitchen to get to the door and as I pass I see it's already one in the afternoon. The person at the door knocks again, it makes my ears ring and my head pound,

"I'm coming! hang on!", I then proceed to answer the door. My hair's a mess and I look like a wreck, I open the door but, I don't recognize the person standing in front of me.

"Umm, hello? who are you?" I speak, with a crackly voice whilst rubbing my eyes. The tall young man in front of me speaks, his voice quite low but soft and comforting,

"I wasn't expecting you to remember me, considering the state you were in last night. I live in this building, my name's Harry. Here's some coffee." He speaks with a British accent and extends his surprisingly muscular arms and yes he brought coffee, I graciously accept his kind offer.

I sip at the coffee whilst observing Harry, he is quite tall, a fair bit taller than me, he has dark curly hair and is very fit. I realize I have just been standing with him in front of me drinking coffee for nearly five minuets.

"Oh, umm, would you like to come in?" I say starstruck.

"That would be very nice," he politely responded as I stepped aside gesturing for him to enter.

He walked in and I closed the door behind him and followed, walking into the living room. We both sat on the couch, I finished my coffee and we got to talking. I haven't ever really talked to anyone in my building, no neighbourly greetings, nothing. So of course I find it a little strange. I'm still very confused as what happened last night and how he was involved, I just don't have enough courage to ask him about it. I mean he's so tall and his hair is so lovely, dark and curly.. he smells of chocolate and raspberries, he is intoxicating.

"You want to know about last night." He states as if I had already asked the question. I cannot help but stutter.

"u-umm, y-yes I do," as I gain a thread of confidence I continue to ask several questions. "Soo, what did happen last night? How were you involved? How do you know my name? and how did you know were I lived?" I seem to be getting mad at this beautiful young man, for no reason.. this is not making sense at all. Slightly shocked due to my outburst but not mad at all, Harry calmly composes himself.

"Last night you went to work at the old shillelagh at ten o'clock like usual, I frequent that bar regularly because I like to watch sports there and drink beer with my friends and you have served me a couple times. That is how I know who you are. As for how I know where you live, I also live in this building. I live on the floor above you, and your name is on your mail box. So does that explain everything?" He tries to explain everything as best that he can without trying to sound creepy and I decide to respond before he breaks down.

"Well yes, it answers most of my questions but you have sort of left out the whole part of well.. what did happen last night and how were you involved?" I suddenly feel my palms get cold and sweaty, what if he is a stalker or a murderer and I just let him in my apartment....