Chapter Six- I'll Take That As A Yes

"Babe! Babe! Babe! BABE! BABBBBE! BABBBBE! BABE!" Evan pokes Lexi's cheek with the back of his fork to get her attention but she's on her phone oblivious to his annoying antics. "BABE! BABE!"

I cover my ears, not wanting to hear it anymore. While trying to get Lexi's attention, he is driving me mad!

"Could you please stop?" I whine.

Evan ignores me so I take matters into my own hands.

"Thank you." I snatch Lexi's phone out of her fingers.

"Hey!" She exclaims.

"Babe!" Evan pokes Lexi's cheek one more time.

"What?" She turns to him, crossing her arms to show how unhappy she is with the fact that I stole her phone.

"Finally!" Evan lets out. "I've been poking your cheek for ten minutes already to get your attention."

"Um, no you weren't. I would have answered you." She says back.

"Ten minutes." He repeats. "You were so engrossed by that retched phone of yours you couldn't even hear me."

"Retched?" She blows a piece of hair from her face and raises an eyebrow.

"Yes retched."

"I can't believe you actually just said that. You read it in a book somewhere?"

"Bitch please. You think I read?"

"No, I know you don't..."

Their friendly, more then friendly, banter starting to get to my head I pull out my sketchpad and start to doodle.

"What do you want Evan?" Lexi finally asks our tattooed decorated friend.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to leave...do something fun." Evan's playful look taking over his face and he waggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"Ew!" I jump up out of my seat. "Come on guys, I don't need to know that."

"Sorry hun." Lexi winks at me and takes Evan's hand, taking him up on his offer.

"You guys are disgusting." I roll my eyes at them. "I'll just find Max or something."

"USE PROTECTION!" Evan shouts after me.

"Shut up." I shout back, cheeks flushed. "I'd say the same to you two but I think you have done this rodeo enough times to remember that."

****

"Do you want to go to the common room?" Max suggests.

I found Max in his room on his computer, as usual. His room mate Jaques was out so I decided to hang out in there with him.

"I like it in here." I shoot down the idea.

"But it is just us here... So boring." He fiddles with his glasses nervously.

"Max are you okay?" I ask him with an amused smirk and confused look on my face.

"Yeah, yep fine.. Peachy. Ay okay!" He babbles.

Picking up on his nerves I smile, "I make you nervous don't I. Don't be, there is nothing to be worried about."

"I swear I'm not. Why would you think I am? Cuz I really am not."

"Don't swear if its not true Nerd."

I get up from my seat to sit on the desk Max is sitting by, right in front of him.