DAY 11

DAY 11

Sunday; 3:00 p.m. on the dot

Me and Johnny are wide awake. My dad walks in on me and Johnny eating Rise Krispies with a glass of soda, “HAPPY HALLOWEEN my dear sons. So what are you guys gonna do today?”

Damn I’m not really sure; what are we gonna do today? Johnny speaks up, “Well, dear daddy, we will be going trick-or-treating of coarse; what else would we be doing?” Dad looks at us; no, he inspects us. “Is there something wrong with you guys? I thought you would probably go to parties and stuff like that. Isn’t trick-or-treating for kids?” Johnny smiles and just shakes his head, “Nope!! Halloween is my favorite holiday.”

“Well, I hope you guys, I mean, ‘kids’ have fun and if you find any Butterfingers, please hand them over to me. Thanx.” He heads upstairs, mumbling to himself that we just seem to act more like kids as we get older. Haha

“Come on, get dressed Sunny. We’re going to meet up with the others and start the fun. BOOZE!” The whole time I’m thinking, Dear God!! I dress up in some black skinnies, a pair of hi-tops, a black striped t-shirt, and a Zip up hoodie of GIR. It even has the ear flaps on it. Yup, that’s how I roll. Haha. I get down stairs and rush to Johnny. He jumps out the door and takes me along by the hand singing, “Hola, vámonos! Everybody let’s go! Come on let’s get to it, we know that we can do it.”-Dora the Explora.  “Dora is a dirty girl, cuz she knows that we can do it. Even Dora can see that, how come you can’t Sunny?”

I laugh, “I’m not a slutty pervert like Dora, that’s why. Let her explore anywhere she wants, but poor Boots is probably gonna be raped, when the show is off and the kids aren’t watching.” Haha

We both start cracking up. “Good point. I will force you to be like dirty Dora; she’s my homie, Sunny. Don’t talk about her like that, she can hear you.” He looks around like she’s really watching us and slips into the car. Dora the Stalker. Nah, it doesn’t have a good ring to it.

He connects his iPhone to the car and plays a song:

“Girls unlock, make it drop. Hand and lock. Party hard never stop, haters hate bitches talk. I’m too trashed to even walk…I’ll wake up, no regrets, with these girls in my bed…fuck my way through the crowd…up and down; scream and shout; live it up… there’s a party that’s going on. We’ll stay up till the break of dawn…Live it up. Party on. Drink it down till the sun comes up…”-Party On by BOTDF.

But then he changes it to a song that I know, a little too well:

“I believe it‘s time for me to be famous, and out of place.

I believe its time for me to move for, forward, when I break through.

THIS TIME I’LL, MAKE YOU,

Proud to see me over, come all day life.

PROUD, OF WHO YOU RAISED

Your shelter, your peacefulness

SO THIS TIME I’LL MAKE YOU PROUD

Proud of, who you raised up

You know that I will, always be here till the end.

Come back so I can say, thank you for this,

Home cooked meals and a place to rest,

My troubled head when you’re away,

I’ve passed the test; I’ve earned an A,

Not just in school, but in life,

You’ll always be right by my side.

To help me show, hope to all,