Day 6

Day 6

Morning: Tuesday; 12:07 am

I wake up expecting to see Johnny; he's not here. I get a bit depressed; I'm just so used to him being there in my presence, even if has only been a few weeks. Having trouble with getting to sleep, I go down the maple polished stairs and head to the kitchen. I turn the light, switch on and I move towards the fridge. I open it up and there doesn't seem to be any soup left; wow, I guess I ate it all. I go into the freezer and there my ice cream is,right where I left it. I get it and retrieve a spoon. Yes, I know I'm sick, but to me ice cream is to be enjoyed anytime and anywhere; espicially, Marshmellow Cream Fudge ice cream, YUMMM. It's like heavenly sex is going on between my tongue and the ice cream in my mouth.  I pop off the lid and start to head back to my room; but something catches my eyes.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see a dark figure sleeping at the table. In front of the figure, on the table, are the keys, a granola bar, and my name tag for work. I add it all together in my head and the conclusion I get to is that, Johnny must have checked in at work for me. I start to walk away, but I can't just leave him there. I walk towards him, and gently jolt him. He doesn't wake. "Come on; Johnny get up." He looks up still sleepy and gets up like one of the rising dead. I sling one of his arms around me, to give him direction on where to walk, I grab my ice cream in the other hand, and walk up the stairs. When I reach the top of the stairs, I don't know where to take him: his room or mine?

I don't have to really decide because I know right away that it would be better for him to sleep in my bed; especially, since he always finds a way to make it into it, anyways. And also....for my own personal reason. I carry him in and lay him down on the bed, slip his shoes off, and lift his legs up onto the bed. I cover him up. I don't really mind him being in my bed, I just hate how he always finds his way during the night into it; it would freak me out; besides, my bed is king sized. He moves onto his side, and yawns out, "Goooooooooood nuuuuiiiiiight, Sunny." and goes to sleep.

I bend over, compress my lips upon his pale skin and kiss him. He looks like a sweet, innocent child lying there in my bed and I just want to hold him and let him know that I'm there for him. I climb into the space, that seems to have my name engraved on it, next to him. I get under the cotton covers, sit up, grab the remote, and switch on the tv. I'm watching reruns of Ghost Whisperer. In this one, the ghost whisperer's husband dies and he wants to be with her, but she wants him to see the light; basically, she thinks it is all her fault that her husband is roaming the earth still. The husband would do anything for her, except for leaving her. He finds out that he can go into bodies, so when an accident occurs and somebody dies, he goes into the body. The body may be alive, but the memories inside the brain of that body over rules her husband's spirit's memories. And the....damn it, the show ends and the credits appear at the bottom of the screen during a comercial.

2:06 am.

It's early in the morning. I guess I need to catch some z's. I switch the television off, it blinks blank and I'm left in darkness. I can hear Johnny's breathing, I lay there in bed doing nothing; just waiting for the sandman to pay me a visit and for sleep to wash over me. Glow n' the dark stars cover my ceiling; I hear the shuffle of the blankets, the light turns on in the bathroom, and the white, washed door, clicks close. I can hear the, sequental, flush, washing and drying of hands, and then the flick of the switch. Johnny's dark figure, blurs through the dark.

I expect him to get into the bed, but he doesn't; instead, I can hear him slip off his pants, shirt, and socks. After, he slips in beside me and whispers, "Psst, Sunny." I don't answer, I just lay there nice and still. He answers, to my silence, by wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer to his bare torso. Then he spirals his leg around me and pulls the lower part of my body between his legs. He nuzzles his head into my neck and, the whole time, I'm just being his teddy bear. I try to fall asleep the next half hour, I can't, but he did. I can feel his warm breath, enter in and out through his mouth, against my neck. A second later, I'm drunk with sleep and I let it take over, in that position. Me likey.

7:00 am.

" 'Hey, baby won't you look my way, you could be my new addiction... I found out that everybody talks, everybody talks, everybody talks.... too much. It started with a whisperrrrr and that was when I first kiiiiissssed heeerrrrrr...' 'and that was Neon Trees'  latest song, Everybody Talks, and this is K-Rock' "

I wake up to the radio's alarm, and it just had to be when one of my favorite song ended. I know, I know; but, alternative rock is pretty awesome. Don't go hatin' on Neon Trees because I'm one of their hugeist fans.

"Hey, your awake; now let me see your ears." In his hand, he is grasping the thermometer. It's inserted into my ear, I hear it go off, and it's taken out. "Aww, my baby boy's temperature has went down in such a short time. I guess you can go to school today." He sighs and just looks at me with a strange impression on his face.

"What are you staring at me like that for?", I say annoyingly.

"Sunny, I was just thinking that, one day, you will leave your mother." sniffle, sniffle. He looks down and then back at me. His eyes are a bit red, there's a smile on his face, "So, let's get ready for school." I get dressed and so does he. We're in silence, except for the song that plays in the background:

"Give me a second, I need to get my story straight, my friends are in the bathroom, getting higher than the empire state. I knew that she'd be waiting for me just across the bar, my seat's been taken by a guy wearing sunglasses asking bout a ... I know I gave it to you months ago. I know that your trying to forget..." - by F.U.N.

God I love that fuckin' love that song, almost as much as I like Justin Beiber...NOT!!! I hate it now. I used to love it so much, but now people just play it too much. I'm finished getting dressed and so is Johnny. We jump into the Johnny mobile...yes, that is what Johnny has told me to call it, and we drive off. In the car, I thank him for taking my shift and he says no problem. But there is a problem, he took it, took care of ME, and didn't sleep much, due to me. For that, I was thankful.

When we get to school, we head our ways. Throughout the day, I just sit in my desk, like a fuckin zombie, thinking of someone... Johnny. School ended, and I walked to work. I work in a bar, that's a half-hour walk from the school. I'm a waiter and recieve a pretty good pay. My boss didn't say much, he just nodded in my direction when I checked in.

11:27 pm

I walked in through the door; happy that I didn't get any homework. I walked up the stairs and dropped onto my bed. For once, I loved that my fuckin' teachers didn't assign homework because I had to work extra today in order to catch up to the other days I didn't work. Hells, yeah!!!!

I switch off the light, God, good-night.  The light is switched back on, Okay, fine then I see how it is; God you don't want me to go to sleep? God are you the devil? Speaking of the devil, "Sunny, your going to sleep already? It's only..." he glances at his phone, "...11:33. don't you want to go party wi..."

"JOHNNY SHUT THE FUCK UP!! AND FIRETRUCKING, GO TO SLEEP. I'M FUDGING TIRED!!!" I can't believe I said that. Johnny stops talking and turns to the door, "Fine, I'll go to sleep if that makes you happy Sunny; can I sleep in your bed?"

"Johnny, I don't understand. If you have your own room and bed; why do you always sleep with me in mine?", I just stare at him. "Sunny, the reason why I always do that is because...umm...I can't do this, I'll just go." He turns and starts to walk out my door and I know, for sure, that he's crying.

"Johnny. Come back; you can sleep with me if you want." He turns to face me, "Really?"

"Yes, I guess, I kinda got used to it. So come here." He comes towards me and his eyes are a bit red. The next second, me and Johnny are in a tight embrace and I can feel his warm tears soak through my shirt. "Sunny, I wanted to tell you that I love you, I have for these past weeks and I always will." I already knew that in my head because, of course, he's my brother and there's nothing wrong with that. "I love you too Johnny."  I hug him back and release my tears too. I don't know whether these were tears of joy or tears of sorrow for almost losing Johnny. I don't care anymore, because right now Johnny is in my arms and my arms only. We cry and cry and until we get exhausted and fall asleep in each others arms.