Chapter 18.

Bored. Bored, bored, bored.

I sighed, looked over at the clock and wondered how time was going by so slow. When I got up this morning and saw a text from Alex, I figured it would go by pretty fast, that training for the fights would take up all my time today. But no, that wasn’t the case at all. Usually, training would take up all my time, or I would allow it to at least, but today I seemed to get done with everything in half the time and now I was bored. 

I considered doing my training routine again, I even considered doing my laundry and cleaning my already tidy house, though none of that was needed. 

The day was barely half over so I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep. I’ve already eaten and showered. Now I was just sitting there on the couch, watching the clock tick. Tick, tick, tick. I rolled my eyes at myself. It’s barely even been twenty minutes since I’ve been done and I was already so bored. I closed my eyes and let my mind wonder, something I hardly ever did because I never know what memories would come, but I was that desperate right now. An idea came to mind as an image of green eyes flashed through my head and I jumped off the couch, grabbed my keys and before I knew it, I was outside her house.

I took the keys out of the ignition and debated with myself on seeing if she was even home first, though I finally just pushed myself out of the car and made myself start towards the front door. I looked up as I got closer and saw her room light on and balcony doors open, her white curtains blowing out with the wind.

Finally getting to her door and knocking, I leaned against the wall and waited for someone to answer. Seconds ticked by then I finally heard the sound of footsteps as they thudded down the stairs and a grin tried to break out on my face. There was no holding it back though when Keeley opened the door.

“Nice Pj’s, Princess,” I chuckled as I looked at her sleep shorts that had Giraffes all over them and a matching orange tank with a turtle look up at a giraffe asking *what’s up?*.

“U-um... Hi,” she squeaked as she stood there, eyes wide and cheeks slightly tinged pink. “W-what are you doing here?”

“Would you believe me if I said I was in the neighborhood?” I asked jokingly, a smirk on my face.

“Not for a second...” She said with a big grin. “Do you, uh, want to come in?” She asked after a moment.

I nodded slightly and she opened the door wider to let me in. For the first time I was actually noticing her house instead of rushing through, it kinda reminded me of my old home, when I lived with the Sethos’. I smiled at the simple and homey feeling that it gave off, that lived-in vibe. Nothing could make a house feel more welcoming and warm than that.

“So, what were you doing on this lovely Saturday?” I asked distractedly, my eyes still wondering around the house.

“I’ve just been sitting around and catching up on my Tv series .'” She confessed with a slightly guilty smile. “What about you?”

“Training, training, more training.” I shrugged. “Got a bit boring though,”

“Well, you could always come join me in my show watching, though I’m not sure if you would be into it,” she said and I looked back at her to see her playful grin. I shook my head slightly and chuckled.

“Anything at this point is fine with me. Besides, it’s your company I’m looking forward to.” I gave her a lopsided smile, which caused her to chuckle.

“Well then, I would tell you the way to my bedroom, but that would just be pointless.” She said as we started to head up to her room.

“I’ll pretend like I don’t know if it makes you feel better,” I joked, she just looked back at me and rolled her eyes.

I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked looking at all the pictures on the wall. They were all mostly of Keeley and her mom, and considering that they were the only two that lived here It was normal. There were also a few of Keeley and Shane, some from when they were little and a couple from now. As I walked further up the stairs I came across Keeley graduation picture with her and Shane in their red cap and gown, holding up their certificates with gigantic smiles on their faces.