Chapter 4.

"Nathaniel, where are you going?" Mom asked him as he tried to leave out if the front door.

"I'm just meeting up with Jason, I'll be back soon." He said, but when his eyes met mine I saw a hidden-far away-look in them.

"Can I go?" I asked, hoping I could go so could see what he was really up to.

"I don't thin-" Nate got cut off by mom.

"Yes, take him with you." Mom said with a smile on her face. "You two haven't hung out all week."

"But he shouldn't-"

"Nathaniel, you take him or you're not going." She raised an eyebrow at him challengingly.

"All right," He sighed defeated. "Come on squirt." He mumbled in my direction the headed out the front door.

"Bye mom." I gave her a hug, then quickly followed after Nate.

He never said a single word to me as we drove, but once we pulled up to the gym that we usually met Jason at, he locked the doors and turned of the car. I looked over at him curiously, but he sat there silently, thinking. When he finally did open his mouth. All he told me was that I was to stay with Jason when a few of his other friends got there, because he didn't want me to meet them yet. I didn't really know what he was up to, or why he was telling me this, but I listened. As soon as we got inside, I went over to the matt's and found Jason.

"Hey little dude, what's up?" Jason greeted me.

"Not much, Nate told me I could hang out with you while he did something." I said shrugging. Jason's eyes lifted up to Nate who nodded at him then went over to the back door, Jason looked back at me and gave me a smile.

"Yeah, sure. Maybe I can teach you a few more moves too?" He suggested, making me look away from where Nate went.

"Yeah... Sounds good."

After Jason had taught me a few moves, Nate had come back through the door. But before he could make it all the way through, a hand stopped him on his shoulder. He true did back around and talked quickly to the guy in the doorway, exchanging quick words with the creepy guys, then walked the rest of the way through the door. But not before this guy caught me looking at him and sent me a smirk. I watched as the door slowly closed on him, and gulped at the sight of him with his strange tattoo on his arm.

"Hey, you ready to leave?"Nate asked, drawing my attention back to him and away from the now closed door.

"Yeah... Sure." He put his arm across my shoulder and we left, I glance back to the door, imagining the creepy guy there, and wondering what Nate would be doing talking to him.

**

I was focusing on the beat of my hands as they hit the punching bag in front of me, keeping a one-two steady rhythm, with the occasional kick or fake out mixed in. Focusing helped me forget, and I'm trying to forget this morning. I always hated when I had dreams of the past, they took a toll on me worse than if I took a couple punches. I don't remember how long I've been here, but as soon as I woke up this morning I went straight to my gym to train.

Deep breaths, steady in, steady out. I coached myself to breath while I was pounding on the bag, training my focus to concentrate on several things at once. Like the fact that I was the only person here for the last 2 hours, but now someone is in here with me, though I don't lose my focus because of it.

"When are you going to learn that you can't sneak up behind me Alex?" I asked in a bored tone, my main focus still in the object in front of me.

"One of these days I'll be able to, just you wait and see." I could here him smirking.