Tree Hugger: Evan x Connor(Dear Evan Hansen)

I laid in the grass,putting my head up against a large root of a tree. I'd usually lay here all the time,usually to get stoned. If not,I would just be here to relax.

But there was also something else I was interested in that was rumored to exist in places like this.

Borrowers.

I've always wanted to see one. They just sound so fragile and secretive. Besides, I've found evidence myself that a borrower might live near the place I'm laying down in right now. I've herd the grass moving abrubtly before, or small gasps. It was small things,but I believed something was there.

I sighed,shutting my eyes,my hands shoving themselves into my hoodie's pockets. A cool breeze passing by every now and then. It was nice here,I'd have to admit. I hated going out,but this small spot was an exception. I then herd husseling in the leaves,I sprung up, looking around. Is it a borrower? SNAP!

I herd muffeled screaming from behind the tree,I crawled over,spotting a small rabbit trap. Trapped in it was a small being with ragged clothing. I gasped,realizing I found a borrower. No, this isn't the time to celebrate! He's in danger! I quickly opened the trap,but saw that his leg was already injured. There where too many hunters here. I nearly stepped on a trap myself when I came out here.

I herd the borrower whimper as I carefully picked him up in my palms. He was barley the size of my hand! I stood to my full height,running off into the direction of my house. I held him close to my chest and whispered nothings as I ran.

-time skip brought to you by bathbombs(con don't live with his parents no more)-

I laid the borrower on a pillow on my bed as I rummadged around for bandages or Band-Aids. I heard the small thing wallow in pain,sniffeling it tears up. It made my heart burn in sympathy.

I then opened the sink's cabinets,finding Band-Aids. Yes.

I came running back, opening the small packet. The borrower looked up at me with pain and fear. I knew I'd have to calm him down.

"OK,little guy, I'm going to patch up your wound there OK? Just take deep breaths," I say, peeling open a bandaid. The small guy started a pattern of breathing as I laid the bandaid on his arm,wrapping around his arm. It started looking like a cast.

I pulled back, watching as the borrower looked at his arm,then back up at me. I smiled warmly( something I haven't done in a while),but the borrower still flintched when I did. I sighed, knowing this wasn't going to be easy." Listen, I'm sorry if you didn't want my help,but I couldn't leave you there to die.." I saw him hug himself,his bright blue eyes clouded with uncertainty. "My name is Connor,if that lightens any thoughts your having..." I said, looking off to the side as I tucked some hair behind my ear. He nodded, starring at me intently. I smiled,and he snimed back as well,his cheeks growing pink." I-i-im Evan.." He spoke very low,his voice cracky but beautiful. I grinned,blushing at such a nice voice." Evan is a nice name..." I said, kneeling down so he wouldn't sprain his neck while looking all the way up. He blushed as well, starring at me with intentful eyes. "OK Evan,you don't have to stay for long here,that injury should be cured in a week,tops." I started." Though,my door will always be open to you..you can stay if you'd like,I'll feed ya and make sure you have the proper care.." I say,hoping he'd stay with me. It was getting lonley around here,and most people hate me or think I'm a freak just by looking at me. He nods,holding his arms together." I-Its not l-like I have a-anywhere t-to go.." He shrugged.

"I just h-h-hope I'm n-not much t-trouble.." He says,looking down at his 'cast'. I chuckled," You're like 3 inches tall!! You won't be any problem what so ever!" I laughed. He giggled as well,nodding.

" I guess so.."