Chapter 9

ELISE

The beats of my heart was so fiercely fast made me question myself why do my chest still not explode.

Good looking female and male across me giving me a look like they were judging me whether I'm good enough for their daughter.

But they choosed me for their daughter right? Mrs.James looked at me with a sweet warm smile held on her lips.

While Mr.James changed a glance between me and Skylar with a micheveous smirk.

Skylar glared her dad infront of her with an uninterest expression curved on her beauty.

I tilted down my head to let the eyes of mine stared the untouched spaghetti bolognese.

All of sudden I interested with the fingers attached to my hands below the transparent dining table.

"Elise?" A quite voice belongs to the person next to me, calling my name.

But my body still won't move and the beats of my heart didn't have intation to slow down.

'Why do I feel so nervous?! Of course you are honey, your wife's parents are sitting exactly an inch from you!'

A soft hand poked on my shoulder blake,shook me out of my thought.

"Y-yeah?" I snapped my head to the left meeting my mom's anxious face.

She furrowed her eyebrows looking me up and down with a serious expression.

"Elise are you alright? You are shaking" She whispered loud enough only for me to hear.

Meanwhile dad, Mr.James and Skylar discussed something that I couldn't catch up

But I heard something related to 'transfer' and Skylar didn't seem happy about it.

"Really?" I gazed down on my body, I didn't notice that I was shaking and I hoped Mrs.James didn't notice it.

"Is everything okay?" Mrs.James concerned.

'She noticed!! Relax Elise! Relax!!'

I inhaled a deep breath, my shaken finally stop,
"Everything is great Mrs.James" I grinned widely.

She looked relief "Just call me Cassandra, Elise." Mrs.jame- Cassandra suggested.

"Thank you for your care Mrs.Jam- Cassandra" She chuckled.

"No need to be formal sweety, we're a family now" Cassandra spreaded out her arms gestured to all of us.

I found myself beamed broadly and glanced at the three persons on my right.

They seemed so deep in the discussing and Cassandra agreed with my thought when she looked at them with furrowed face.

I heard them but I couldn't understand their discussions

"Guys, stop talking about work!!" Cassandra rampaged out of nowhere

It wasn't a good idea since dad had 'easy startle' issue, Skylar's face was soaking wet with orange juice caused by dad's sudden juice sprayed out from his mouth.

I gasped covering my mouth while Skylar gave a dead glare to my dad.

Mr.James on the other side held his stomach laughing like there was no tomorrow

Dad wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and muttered 'oops', but it didn't sound sincere yet satisfied.

Mom and Cassandra joined Mr.James who were couldn't stop slapping hard his tight.

And me on the other hand, grabbed the napkin and gently wiped the orange juice mixed with dad's saliva out of her face.

I gave my dad a 'you-better-apologise-to-her-now!' look but he just shrugged, looking innoncent and threw a smirk on his lip.

And his action just pissed off Skylar even more than she already did, she flipped up her middle finger to dad and copied his smirk.

Dad didn't get any effect on it, instead he returned her 'gratitude' with double middle fingers and let his eyebrows do the victory dance.

"SKYLAR!!" "MARCUS!!" Mr.James paused his laughed for a moment, watched Skylar and dad in amused.

Then he continued his laughed and it was harder that his turned red.

I shook my head in disbelief, palming my face. I doubt to believe that these two actually handle two of the most powerful companies in California.

Dinner went 'well' with me got numerous kind of questions about my life from Cassandra and Richard(Mr.James)

And Skylar being scolded by Cassandra for playing with her food and of course being rude to dad

Dad challenge Skylar for eating contest which was she agreed on, For someone who had nice-fit body, Skylar actually ate like a kid who didn't get feed for a month.

Dad ate a lot too, but Skylar won the contest like a piece of cake and it made my dad's turn to piss off, and now they were equal, dad actually shook his hand with Skylar, amazed by her because no one had ever ate more than he was in our family.
...
Skylar and I headed back to our condo that placed about 30 minutes from her parents's penthouse.

And again, she ignored me for the whole ride, What worst was, she didn't look at me or even give me a single glance!

What is wrong with her!

Back in home, she still forbided me to sleep next to her in OUR bedroom.

Urgh! It wasn't fair because her(OUR) bedroom was nicer, bigger and had breathtaking view of L.A

While mine was opposite of hers, never mind, soon or later she'll let me in or maybe she'll even beg for me one day.
...

I parked my volks at the usual place behind the busy restaurant.

As usual, I woke up earlier than Skylar and the sun, I made her the same chocolate pancake everyday.

She fell in love with my cook but not me!? Wow never in my life I felt jealous towards food.

"Good morning! Newlyweds!" Camila tapped my shoulder from behind as I entered the kitchen.

My eyes catched hers' as I turned around.
"..morning.." I gave her the best fake smile ever.

"What is that ugly thing on your face?" She said pointing her index finger to my face.

Immediately I rubbed my face searching any stuff sticked on my face, but I found nothing.

"What is it?" I said still not move my hand away from my anxious face.

"The I-am-so-done face and that fake smile you're wearing" Camila made a circle motion with her finger above my face.

A heavy sigh escaped out of my mouth as I started preparing the ingrediants.

"My plan D didn't work too I guess?" She figured out and I could hear sympathy in her voice.

I shook my head slowy resting my palms on the cold stainless steel table.

"263 FOR TABLE NO.6!" The head chef yelled from across the kitchen.

The restaurant used the number system refering for the foods as it was easier.

But the worst part of it was, we need to memory every number on the menu.

"Don't worry El, I got more plans to win your cold heart's wife, but in this case, based on how hard to get in her heart after all my glorious plans, I think we have to go straight to the plan Z." She suggested with a michiveous smile plastered on her face.

"Plan Z?" She nodded vigourously and winked at me.