Chapter 22 |-| Alive

Luke

"I'm a what?" I question after Deaton explains everything.
"You're an Empath," he repeats calmly and in a monotone voice.
"That would explain why you felt the guy being gutted," Lydia says "And why you can't really tell the difference," Liam adds and I look at the entire group "If I really was an Empath, wouldn't I be feeling like ten people at the same time right now?" I question and I suddenly flinch at a sting in my arm.
"Did you feel that?" Brett questions and i look up to see him cutting into his flesh with a scalpel and I nod my head.
He puts the scalpel back and I watch as his wound heals and my pain leaves.
"Okay, fine. Maybe I am an Empath," I say, giving in "But that doesn't explain how Tara was able to use me for transferring her pain to Theo," I inform and Deaton puts his thinking expression on.
"You said that it felt like your life was slipping away," he speaks up, looking at Theo and Theo nods his head. "I don't know how she turned into a werewolf in the first place," he informs. "She told you she had your heart right?" Deaton asks, earning yet another nod from Theo. "I don't know how she got that either. I mean I saw the Dread Doctors burn it," he informs and we all look at him frowning a little, well all except Deaton, because he isn't showing any emotions at all.
I mean how can he do that?
How can anyone do that?
"However she got it, it made her a Chimera. I'm not sure about the wolf part either," Deaton points out and that's when I remember something.
"You told us that the Dread Doctors experimented on both of you. Made you go through some tests," I say looking at noone in particular. "Maybe they put the werewolf gene inside her before she died," I add.
"That would explain why she's a werewolf," Deaton says.
"Maybe she didn't die," Stiles speaks up and we look at him confused.
"I think the Dread Doctors switched your hearts before she was buried in the ground," Stiles says and we listen intently "She shifted and stayed underground. Alive," he adds. "She was gone for eight years," Theo informs "I almost suffocated getting out from the grave," Brett informs "I wouldn't be able to survive an hour, much less eight years," he adds. "Maybe the doctors wanted her back and did something to her grave to keep her from dying," Stiles suggests "And why would she wait eight years to come after me?" Theo asks, crossing his arms "I don't know," Stiles exclaims "It was just a thought," he adds and before anyone can say anything, Deaton holds his finger up, getting our attention.
"Maybe your theorie isn't wrong," he says looking at Stiles and that's when we're really confused.
As Theo opens his mouth to say something, Deaton makes a sign for him to keep his mouth shut and he does as told.
"I think she somehow got out of the grave before, hiding herself to learn how to control her power during all those years," Deaton informs and they all start thinking about it.
Seeing if it could be possible.
I think it could be, if there was something like a secret door hidden somewhere in her casket.
Okay, maybe I've watched too many movies.
That couldn't be possible could it?
"We should take a look at her grave, see if there's something different," I suggest and they all look at me. "We should take a look at the Nemeton as well. Maybe it has something to do with it," Lydia informs.
"I'm gonna stay here," Brett informs, making his way towards Deaton.
"I have to go home," Mason speaks up and it's the first time he said anything since we got here. We all look at him with a small frown, but that frown soon disappears when we see the sad look on his face.
"My mom sent me a text asking me to come to the hospital," he stutters, trying to hold back tears. "Something's wrong with my dad," he adds and Liam pulls him into a hug.
"You should go," he says, rubbing his friends back.
"Corey, go with him," he adds as he pulls away earning a nod from Corey.
They leave soon after, now it's just six of us, considering Brett is staying with Deaton.
"We'll go to the Nemeton," Lydia informs motioning to Scott and Stiles "And you three go to Tara's grave and see if Stiles' theorie is right," she adds and I shiver a little, but I agree anyway.
Theo, Liam and I walk towards Liam's car while Scott and the other two enter the jeep and we drive in separate directions.
Theo and Liam start talking about something, but I ignore it, looking out the window to see that it's getting dark.

"Are you okay?" I hear Liam ask and I snap out of it to look at him. "I hate Cemeteries," I mumble as Liam stops the car in front of the gate and they look at me sympathetically.
"Me too," they say at the same time, sharing a look before stepping out of the car.
I take a deep breath before stepping out as well and following them to the gate.
Theo breaks the lock before we step inside. "Follow me," he says and we do as told, reaching Tara's grave in a matter of minutes.

"What are you doing?" Liam asks, pulling Theo back as he's about to enter the grave. "I'm going in," he says. "I won't let you go alone," Liam says looking at him sternly and they go back and forth like and I roll my eyes.
"Jesus, let's all go together," I say with a groan as I step into the grave.
Next thing I know, I feel the ground being pulled away from under my feet and fall about six feet down into a hard and cold concrete floor, twisting my ankle and hitting my head a little.
"Luke are you alright?" I hear Theo call from above me.
"Yup, I just need a sec," I say as I start feeling my ankle heal.
I sit up and look around to see that I'm in a exact replica of a one room apartment.
"You guys have to see this," I say, fumbling back to my feet as I watch them climb down.
Once they're next to me looking around the room, I realise something I should've realised before "Ehm... guys," I speak up, getting their attention "How are we gonna get back out of here?" I ask and they share a look before looking up at where we came from.
"We're not getting out the same way we got in," Liam says, cursing under his breath. "We can try," Theo suggests "We can't jump ten feet in the air Theo," Liam points out running his hand over his face in frustration.
"There has to be another way out, because Tara can't jump ten feet in the air either," I inform and we start looking around for anything really.
A hidden door maybe.
"Well, I think she did find another exit," Theo says "Maybe it took her eight years to find it," he adds "Or she just liked being down here," he informs "It think the second opinion is more realistic," Liam says as he looks behind the pictures.
I look through the bookshelf, pulling at all the books in case the shelf is a hidden door.
After finishing one shelf with no success, I go to the one beside it.
I look through it first, trying to find an unusual one with no success, which means I have to go through all of them.
At the tenth book, I hear a kick and the bookshelf moves a little.
"I think I found it," I say and the boys come over as I slowly open the door to reveal tunnels on the other side.
"That smell is familiar," Theo says as we step out of the room before looking at Liam "Definitely familiar," he says "You know where we are?" I ask looking at both of them and Liam nods his head while Theo scans our surroundings.

"I can't believe she's been here all this time and I never noticed," Theo mumbles angrily as he leads the way out. "It's not your fault," Liam informs as he wraps his arm around Theo's shoulder, pulling him closer.
"The Dread Doctors lied to you. They used you for their crazy experiments," he adds "Maybe they needed Tara to experiment other things, which could explain why she was able to take your powers or use Luke's against you," he suggests as we feel the cool air hit our faces.
"Maybe," is all Theo says before we enter the car and drive off without saying another word.