Chapter 12 |-| Mercury

Liam

"Theo, calm down," I say stepping out of the car and trying to push a shifted Theo into the animal clinic. Whatever is happening to him, is taking all his control away, because he's doing everything to try and get away from me.
After what seems like forever, I get him inside and Deaton helps me put him on the o so familiar silver table. "You have to hold him down," Deaton demands and I do as told as he goes to the other side of the room to grab something.
Theo is to strong though and while I'm trying to grab a hold of one arm, he manages to free the other.
Suddenly Mason and Corey appear out of practically nowhere and help me hold him down.
Theo's twisting and turning trying to get away, but we have a tight grip on him.
I hold one arm down, Corey the other and Mason is holding his legs down.
"A little more werewolf strength would be really good right now," Mason informs "I'm not the only one with werewolf strength," I inform and Mason almost gets kicked in the face. Theo's foot missing him by an inch.
"What is wrong with him?" Corey questions "That's what we're trying to figure out," Deaton says, coming back with a syringe in his hand filled with a transparent liquid.
He grabs Theo by the jaw, forcing his head to the side, before he injects the needle in his neck, letting the liquid enter Theo's veins.
After that, it's a matter of seconds until Theo passes out.
Mason and Corey let go of him while I still keep a hold of his wrist, watching as Deaton examines his eyes with a flashlight.
"He didn't kill anyone, did he?" he mumbles looking at the glowing blue orbs and I shake my head "Not since I got him out of hell," I respond and Deaton grabs a scalpel, lifting Theo's sleeve.
As he makes an Incision on Theo's arm, I can see a small bolt of electricity, run out of Theo's arm into the blade and onto Deaton, making the doctor drop the scalpel and look at his arm for any signs of burns.
When there is none, he looks at Theo with a small frown, before lifting Theo's arm to examine the claws. "Kanima venom," he says as he takes a look at the transparent liquid dripping from the claws.
"Wait," Mason speaks up as Deaton lifts Theo's shirt up to reveal the dark lines running up and down his torso. "Kanima venom and electricity," Mason adds "Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?" he asks and my jaw almost drops.
"Tracy and Josh,"I exclaim "But didn't he lose their powers when Kira sent him to hell?" I ask. "He did," Deaton says and we all look at him "And whatever this is, it's bringing the powers back," he informs pointing at the now black/ silver-ish lines.
"So you don't know what it is?" Corey ask, looking between Deaton and the lines on Theo's chest "I've never seen anything like it," Deaton responds and a strange smell enters my nostrils.
"I smell silver," I inform looking at the lines on Theo's chest before looking up at Deaton.
He notices my frown and grabs the scalpel again, carefully cutting one of the lines open. This time there is no bolt of electricity, but silver oozing out of the cut.
"It's mercury," Deaton informs "But it still doesn't explain why he has Tracy's and Josh's powers back," he adds.
"Guys," Mason calls, getting our attention "Is it just me or does it look like he stopped breathing?" he questions, his eyes fixated on Theo and I look down to see that Theo's chest isn't rising or falling anymore.
My heart starts beating faster as I start to panic "Deaton" I call and he mumbles something about him not being supposed to cut the vein or whatever it is, open.

"It's mercury poisoning," someone says and we all turn to the door to see Luke standing there, suddenly, we hear Theo take a deep breath and I breathe in relief, before Theo starts coughing.When I notice that he's choking on something, I turn him to his side and the silver liquid starts running out of his mouth.
"You need to get him to Melissa, she can help him," Deaton says and Luke helps me carry Theo to the car, laying him in the back seat.

"Why should I help him?" Melissa says after I explain the situation. "He killed my son," she informs, looking angrily at an unconscious Theo.
"Because he helped us and he's part of the pack now," I respond but it sounds more like a question then a statement.
"Scott considers him our ally," I add and she sighs motioning us to follow her.
She grabs a wheelchair in the process and I sit Theo on it, pushing him after Melissa into the elevator.
She presses a button and we wait.
Theo moves, his eyes opening "Liam," he mumbles and I crouch down in front of him. He starts coughing again, before passing out and I stand up as I hear the elevator doors open.
"What are we doing down here?" I ask as I see that we're in the floor where the morgue is.
"He's gonna be able to stay here without being disturbed by other nurses," Melissa responds "And no one will be asking questions about how he's still alive," she adds opening a door to a small room.
"Lay him there," she says pointing at a bed in the middle of the room.
"I'll be right back," she adds before disappearing and Luke helps me put Theo on the bed, before we pull some chairs, laying them next to the bed and sitting down.