Chapter 3: Delicia

We stood near the club's entrance and I stared at the big flashing sign that read 'Delicia'. It may have been alluring and full of promises of a fun time for the partying type, but for me, it foreshadowed a likely headache.

Mel was excited on our bus ride here for her first proper gig. Now she was quiet and hesitant to go in.
"What if I mess up and nobody will ever hire me again?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"There's no turning back now," I said. "Suck it up and let's kick some butt!"

My brief pep talk was as much for me as it was for Mel. She nodded and we marched in.

A moment later we were in strobe light hell with roaring music and loads of people.
"This place is awesome!" Mel's excitement was back.

"This place is packed," I shouted at Mel over the music. "And the music is so loud!"
"If it's too loud, you're too old," Mel shouted back.
I rolled my eyes and Mel chuckled.

"I'm going to find the DJ booth," Mel said. "Will you manage?"
"I'll be fine," I said and waved my hand at Mel who left me standing all alone.

Sure I'll manage.
By myself.
With lots of strangers.

I observed the dancing crowd for a while when I felt the call of nature. I didn't have the faintest idea where to find a restroom so after a brief eeny, meeny, miny, moe, I ended up going to the left.

I made my way through the dance floor dodging dancers, arms outstretched with drinks in hand, showing their moves while using more space than was actually available.

A bright flash from one of the strobe lights caught me in the eyes, temporarily blinding and slightly disorienting me as I walked forward and then -

Thump!

I bumped straight into someone's back.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said taking a few steps back while blinking my eyes to regain my eyesight.

My eyes focused in on the person I had bumped into. He was a tall guy about my age with blond, well-styled hair. If I had done a quick survey with the ladies in the club, they'd have said he was someone they wouldn't kick out of bed in the morning.

He adjusted his black leather jacket and looked straight into my eyes with a smirk on his lips. The direct eye contact made me nervous and I focused my gaze on his square jaw rather than his eyes. It occurred to me he might know where the restrooms were.

I leaned closer to him to reduce the need of shouting over the music.

"Can you -"
"No worries," he said interrupting me. "Of course I can give you my autograph."

He winked at me with his index fingers pointing towards me, like some sort of finger guns. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be his panty dropper maneuver but my sizable and comfortable panties were definitely staying on. And why would I want his autograph?

"I'm only interested in your signature if it's on a check made out to me," I said and crossed my arms. "I was going to ask if you happen to know the location of restrooms."
His cockiness crumbled for a split second but the smirk was back on his lips.
"They're right there on the left," he said and offered his hand. "Do you need me to escort you there?"

"Thanks, but I'm a big girl, I'll manage." I waved my hand goodbye and moved on.

I was at the end of the dance floor when a familiar, curly haired girl caught my eye. She was Daisy from the Weekly Daisies. She danced with a long haired brunette who I recognized from Daisy's blog as her 'BFF' Rose.

My adventurous mindset kicked in and I walked over to Daisy and greeted her.

She turned around to face me. "Hey!"
"You're Daisy from Weekly Daisies, right?" I asked.
"Yeah!" she said and was clearly delighted to be recognized.
"I wanted to tell you that your blog is my favorite!" I said and felt a bit awkward fangirling. "Awww, thanks! It's always nice to get positive feedback from my readers," she said with a big smile on her face. "Are you a blogger too?"
"I recently created my own blog, 'Cardigan Diaries', but currently it's empty. I'm not sure what to do for my first entry."
"It should be about who you are and what kind of blog you're planning to write."
"Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it." I didn't want to overstay my welcome. "I won't bother you any longer. Have a nice night!"