CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

His phone rang out of nowhere startling him. The alarm clock on his bedside table read 8:30 in the morning. He groaned out loud before picking up his phone and finding out Ariana was calling him.

“Hey love…” He said before clearing his throat

“Hi baby… Good morning” She said happily “Sorry I woke you up”

“It’s ok love… How are you?” He asked

“I’m very happy actually...” She replied

“You are? Why’s that?”

“Because very soon I’ll be standing right in front of you” She said

“What?!” He asked sitting up in bed at once

“I’m in Paris” She replied

“What? Are you serious?” He asked

“I am… I’m still at the airport though so, if you tell me which hotel you’re staying, I’ll be there as soon as I can” She said

“Oh God… Ok… We’re at the Hyatt Regency Madeleine… Wait… Don’t you want me to pick you up?”

“There’s no need… I’m getting on a taxi as we speak” She said

“Oh ok… I can’t believe you’re here love…This is amazing” He added excitedly

“So… I guess I’ll see you in a while ok?”

“Yes… I’ll see you in a while… I can’t wait to see you”

Oh wow… She’s here! He thought, getting up quickly from the bed and looking around the room.

His clothes were strewn everywhere so he started picking them up and putting them back into his bag. He tidied up his bed a bit, only because he knew Ariana didn’t care much about that. He just wanted it to look decent for later. Then he jumped in the shower and also took the time to shave his beard. He hadn’t shaved for a few days and Ariana loved it when he shaved. She would touch his face with the tips of her fingers over and over again until he fell asleep.

He got dressed and went down to the lobby where he told the people at the front desk that his girlfriend would be staying with him. He looked out the glass doors at the entrance and he could see quite a few fans already gathering outside. The police had put some barriers for safety and they were already lining up behind them even despite the early hour.

The girls noticed his presence and started screaming their lungs out how they usually did. He waved back at them but he didn’t dare moving from his spot, knowing that by doing so, he was only going to make the screaming worse.

He was waving back at them when a taxi stopped in front of the hotel. Slowly Ariana opened the door and stepped out of the car.

He could have sworn his heart skipped a beat at the sight of her as she looked around at the screaming girls while the taxi driver retrieved her small carry-on bag from the boot of the car. She smiled at the driver and thanked him before he got back into the driver’s seat and drove away.

The glass doors opened for her and she greeted the policemen at the entrance before stepping inside the lobby.

Finally their eyes connected and her entire expression transformed when she saw him. She smiled at him and her smiled reached her eyes making him smile in return. He started walking slowly towards her as he counted down the seconds before she was in his arms.

“You’re here” He said with a smile plastered on his face

“I am…” She said stretching her hand out towards him