CHAPTER EIGHT

Liam was going crazy. He realized he started postponing things to do so he could do them in the days when Ariana didn’t come to work. He preferred to stay at home whenever she was in so he could enjoy her presence around the house.

He loved how she sang along to whatever song he played for her and finding out new things about her every day, like how she really disliked peppers and would pick them out of her meals carefully. Or how she would always tie her hair in a bun but there were always a few lose curls on the back of her neck and she was never able to pull them up no matter how much she tried.

He spent so much time watching her that he was absolutely sure he knew every one of her curves by heart, and the more he watched, the more he urged to touch her. He kept his distance because he didn’t want to look like a pervert but he was sure that if she found out he watched her all the time she would run for the hills, probably scared because of his creepiness.

He was having lunch with her on Friday when her phone rang and he pretended to eat his food while he listened intently to every word she said, as he was sure there was a man on the other side of the conversation.

“Hey! Yeah just having lunch, you?... Yes I brought everything and I’ll be ready when you pick me up… Sure… Six thirty sounds good… Yeah… We can leave my things in your car, right? Oh perfect then… See you soon… Love you, bye!”

Love you? LOVE YOU? Who is she even talking to? He thought annoyed. Of course she’s going out tonight… She straightened her hair and all…

She hung up the phone with a smile and carried on eating while he was dying to know who she had just spoken to.

“So… Big night tonight?”

“Uh… Not really… Just…” She hesitated “Going out with a friend”

“You don’t sound too excited about it” He observed

“It’s just… I doubt it’ll be fun but… At least I’ll be with my friend”

“You’ve lost me there” He said confused by her reply

“Well… I’m going to this thing... My friend’s boss’ birthday… Just a bunch of lawyers sucking up to his boss… It’s usually pretty boring” She replied

“Oh…” He replied still clueless about one thing

Is the guy really her friend or…?

“I’ve gone to a couple of these work events with my friend but they’re usually so... freaking boring… I’m not looking forward to this one, but usually my friend manages to save the night somehow” She said

Liam didn’t really know what to say. He wasn’t really sure wishing her to have a good night out with his friend was the right thing to say because in reality he didn’t want her to have fun with a man unless it was him.

“Uh… Hope tonight’s not so boring then…” He said going back to look down at his plate, not knowing what else to ask to make conversation

They finished dinner sin silence and he retreated to his room to work on some lyrics for a while. He realized that perhaps he had been a little rude but he couldn’t avoid the jealousy that ignited in him when he thought of her and another man.

Ariana always left sometime around four, so he decided to go down to find her before she left and he had to wait two days to talk to her again. He didn’t want to see her go and feel like he had been an idiot to her.

He called out her name and got a reply from the bottom of the stairs where he found her staring at her reflection in front of the full length framed mirror.