CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Ariana opened her eyes slowly and could see that the night was slowly starting to fade. Liam was asleep beside her and she smiled at the sight of his naked body exposed only for her.

She bit her lip as memories of the previous hours appeared on her mind and she couldn’t help feeling a little turned on and wet all over again.

What an amazing start of a birthday… She thought

She slid off the bed slowly, being careful not to wake Liam in the process, and walked towards the floor to ceiling windows of the hotel suite that Liam had booked for the night. The city lights still blinked below and she could make out the twinkling Christmas light adorning several flats below her.

It all felt so surreal to her, so amazing and overwhelming. She looked back at the previous six months with Liam and she could have sworn all of it had been a dream. She had never in her longest relationship experienced as much as she had experienced with Liam.

He had a way of blowing her mind away with everything he did and the lengths he went to make her happy. He loved her so much, she knew it. He told her every day and he showed it to her and made her confident in the fact that she knew she had never made anyone feel that way.

She looked briefly at Liam who still slept soundly on the bed while she stared at the city below her. The previous hours had been so exciting, so romantic. It had felt truly amazing to find herself making love with Liam the exact moment that she had turned twenty six, and still, the memory of it made her feel giddy.

“Happy birthday” He breathed hotly against her neck while he thrust hard into her

“I… I love you” She had managed to moan in reply in the mist of all the pleasure

But how could she not love him? He was everything to her, the love of her life, the most amazing man she had ever come across. He had changed her life in so many ways just by being beside her, that it was hard to imagine her life without him.

Sure she missed her family like hell, especially that time of the year, but her wonderful man had gone out of his way to make her feel very special so that she stopped being miserable about not being with them.

She remembered the earlier events of the night in which the two of them had hopped in the back of a taxi and he had blindfolded her so that she didn’t know where they were going. About an hour went by in which she could only hear the sounds of traffic moving around them while she held on to his hand and he kissed her from time to time.

“Can I at least have a tiny clue?” She insisted

“No… But you’re going to love where we’re going…” He replied

“I’m worried now… Maybe I’m not dressed appropriately” She said

“No… Your clothes are just fine… Don’t worry about it”

“Is it going to be freezing?” She asked

“No… It’s going to be warm, I promise” He replied before kissing the corner of her lips

When he had announced that they were getting closer, Ariana was able to make out screaming somewhere in the distance but she couldn’t understand what was happening. Then the car had stopped and Liam helped her out of the car before removing her blindfold.

“Where are we?” She asked looking around but only seeing a gate and the back of a building

“You’ll see soon enough” He replied