Chapter 4

It was Wednesday.

Just this morning, Liam got a call from one of his mother's friends, Johannah and asked if he could babysit her son for awhile. Of course, Liam being the lad who loves children very much, he agreed with no hesitation. He wanted to do it for free but Johannah kept insisting on paying him. It reached to the point where she talked to Karen and obviously, the mothers won.

It didn't take long before Johannah came knocking on the door just before Karen goes to work.

"Oh Hannah, it's nice seeing you again." Karen smiled warmly after she opened the door.

"You too! It's been awhile. I just came here to drop Louis off before I go to work." Johannah smiled back as she felt Louis tugging the back of her top. "Mummy.."

"Oh sure, sure. Hi Louis! Liam is in the living room watching tv." Karen bent down and pinched his cheek.

"Yehey!" Louis nodded and ran off, following the sound of the television.

"Liam dear, thank you! I'll pay you later!" Johannah exclaimed before the two mothers exploded with giggles. The two of them went to work, leaving their sons together in the house.

It didn't take for Louis to tackle Liam down to the floor and hugging him tightly. Liam knew Louis since he was born and the two shared a bond.

"LiLiiiiii!" Lou shouted before sitting on his lap with Spongebob Squarepants playing on the tv.

"Yeah, boo? You hungry'?" Liam ruffled his hair then wrapped his arms around his waist.

"I want to eat pancakes!" The little lad raised his arms in excitement.

"Of course bear. I think we still have some on the table." The caramel-haired lad smiled widely and carried Louis off his lap then went to the kitchen where there were indeed pancakes on the table.

"D'ya want some syrup and butter with that, bear?" Liam put him on the chair and walked to the fridge.

"Maple syrup only, pwease!" Louis smiled widely and pulled the dish full of pancakes closer to him.

"Sure thing, boo." Liam grabbed the syrup in the fridge and poured it on the batch of pancakes while Louis went to the cupboard and got a hold of two forks then went back to the very same seat. "Will Leeyum share this wiff me?"

Louis put on his puppy dog eyes which made Liam say yes even though he just ate right before Lou arrived. Eventually, the two of them ate all of the pancakes which lead to Louis' face feeling sticky because of the syrup on his cute,little face.

In the end, Liam washed Lou's face gently in the bathroom but Lou splattered the water all over the lad's shirt and that's the story of how Liam had to wear another top.