Chapter 18

[yes, they're in America]

         Liam wore his black jeans and checkered long-sleeved polo before fixing his hair. It was Monday and he was supposed to go with Niall to the mall. After a few minutes looking at the mirror, he grabbed his phone, walked downstairs then kissed his mom on the cheek. "I'm going to go now. Thanks so much mum for volunteering to stay in the house."

"Well there was no important meeting at the office so what better way to work than in the house?" Karen smiled before slipping her son $50. "You deserve it."

"N-no, mum. I really didin't do anything plus I bought m-my own money so no thank you." Liam explained before smiling. He knew that both of his parents work hard just to pay his tuition and not to mention Nicola's college expenses. They weren't in the greatest position but at least they weren't in the worst.

"Take it. It's okay Liam.." She put it in her son's open hand before closing it gently. "Now go, Niall called and said he would be waiting in the bus stop."

"Thank you so much." Liam hugged her before running outside. He kept his 50 bucks tightly in his pocket before running even faster. Now the bus stop wasn't that far but he just wanted to get there early so Niall wouldn't have to wait for so long. Just as the lad arrived, he saw his best friend sitting on the bench holding his phone. "Hey Ni!"

Niall looked up before waving his hand. "Hi Liam!" Just then, the bus going directly to the mall arrived and both of them went inside, swiped their cards and took a sit. The sun was shining bright and everything looked beautiful, even the rush. The two didn't speak nor looked at their phones; they just stayed silent- even looking at the window to observe the people.  Finally, they reached the mall and the two went out after saying 'thanks' to the bus driver.

. The two friends went window shopping but Liam ended up buying another checkered long-sleeve polo while Niall a pair of baggy pants (the good kind ). And now, they're at KFC—eating their lunch.

"So Liam, about our birthday-" Niall took a bite of his chicken.

"Yep, it'll be in my house, right?"

"Well I talked to my mother about it and she agreed. She asked if it's okay to bring food and stuff."

Liam chuckled, "Of course! It's not a joint birthday for nothing."

Niall nodded before remembering something important; "We're going to invite 3G and Mr. Styles too, right? Like, wouldn't that be kind of awkward?"

"Well, it kind of would be." The brunette-haired lad stopped eating, "But then only our family would be there and my mom said he wanted to meet Mr. Styles and I guess it's about time we should introduce them.." Liam started to blabber nervously,

The blond-haired angel touched his shoulder, "Chill."

Liam let out a relaxing sigh before smiling at his friend. "It's just that I'm a bit nervous at these kind of things and w-we did kiss and he said 'I love you' in our text. T-that has to mean something, right?"

"I love you is a big word, Liam. We know that. It had to, I mean- Zayn touched my private part and h-he kissed me too. That has to mean something too, right?" The two friends looked at each other with confusion in their eyes, it was too hard to read an adult's mind. Especially Zayn and Harry's. "They're.... they're older than us though. We're talking about a 6-7 age gap."

Liam's eyes slowly traveled back to the table where he bit his lip anxiously. "I-I think I'm falling in love though.... I just think."

"I think... I think I am too." Niall frowned, "It's scary.."

"And it's happening too fast, I know."

"The more frightening part is that we can't read their minds. They're too grown-up for us so we don't know what they want! The appropriate thing we could do is just help each other." The Irish lad poked his best friend's nose.

"No secrets, no left-out details. We're going to take it slow and steady." Liam smiled.

"This is why I love you." Niall laughed before finishing up his chicken. The two bestfriends went to see a movie before going home just before 6pm. Before going inside the house, Liam checked the mailbox and found a stickynote.

Hope you had an amazing day.

 xx. HS

As usual, his ears turned bright red and he went inside the house with a smile. Niall, on the other hand, received numerous messages from triple G that night which often contained sweet messages. This made the two temporarily forget about the problem but deep inside, they knew something would happen.

It would either be good or bad, there was no in between.

-

and I'm backkk! ted is back, i'm back, everyone's back. i promise to update more often (yes i will). im going to skip a few chapters and go directly to the join birthday- probably??? or maybe not.

next update: lots of votes and LOOOOtTTSS OF COMMENTS #daddyzarry and maybe your ideas? best comment will receive dedication and his/her idea will be used.