Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm Sorry

"Do you want to go to the mall?" Dove's voice is bright and perky, as usual.

I lift my head up from my invigorating studies of stocks and market business. Dove has her jacket on and is ready to head out the door.

"Don't think I want to go out today," I push my glasses up. Last week, I dropped one of my contacts and Carter stepped on it. I was forced to wear my giant glasses that made me look really awful, so why would I want to go out looking awful?

"Come on," she smiles and shakes my shoulder gently, "I'll help you get dazzled up. Those glasses will tie the whole outfit together!"

She makes me put on a red skater skirt and a really tight white crop-top. Dove straightens my hair and gives me a red head band to wear. After searching through piles of shoes for a pair of black flats, she finally manages to slip a pair on my feet.

I give myself a look in the mirror, "I look like a hippie."

Dove shrugs and drags me out the door. Honestly, I'm already feeling much better than when I was doing homework. My confident sky rocketed because I feel beautiful now and reassured that people aren't throwing me disgusted looks.

Dove's way of clothes should've ended her up in a fashion school like Jessica, but I guess being her own parents' puppet, she never got the chance to. I wish I could help her.

"Wait. Didn't you just come back from the screening of the baby?" I realize that I totally forgot about asking how she's doing. Even if Carter claims that I'm not selfish, I still have the tendency to care about my own problems more than other people's.

Her hands go down to rub her very noticeable baby bump, "Dr. Ruth said that I'm going to have a son."

A smile spreads across my face, "Congratulations! Having a little boy around will be so cute and fun! How are your parents dealing with this pregnancy stuff?"

"They're dealing with it, for sure. I told them our theory about Carter and they nearly flipped the table. Well, not exactly, but I could tell that they were mad through the phone," she opens the door of the mall entrance for me.

"Thanks," I acknowledge her random act of kindness.

Dove is lucky that her parents care enough to call. It's not that my parents don't care, it's that they don't have enough time to care. They are extremely busy especially in the first few months of the year because of the stock prices increasing or decreasing. I think the last time I got a call from them was last year during holiday season.

"Can we go to the food court first?" Dove is looking red, meaning that she's very excited. It's making me nervous.

I give her a cocked eyebrow, "We just got here, Dove. Don't you want to hit a few stores before filling our tummies?"

A mysterious glint appears in her eyes, "I didn't have lunch so basically I'm starving. Please? Please? Please!"

There's the immature Dove I know and love. The pregnancy doesn't match up with it's victim.

I give in to Dove's starvation and we head towards the food court, Dove jumping and giggling all the way there. I'm beginning to think that something hat I don't know about is going in because it's even unnatural for Dove to me this excited. She could be planning a strike against me and my selfish ways.

You want believe who we meet at the food court.

Adrianna and Drew.

Totally a coincidence, right?