Chapter Ten: Just Hold It

Where am I?

I am curled in a ball in a small space. I feel nauseous and the light coming from outside is way too bright. I tilt my head and realize that I am in a car. I tilt my head a bit more and see Lucas sleeping in the front seat.

"Lucas?" I question in a sleepy voice.

His eyes flutter open and, he too, adjusts to the light. He stretches his arms and legs and gives a huge yawn.

"I don't feel well, can I have a garbage bag?" I ask, feeling the vomit coming.

Lucas passes me a paper bag, "Hungover, aren't you?" He slides his fingers through his hair and smiles at something that I don't know about.

I throw up into the bag. It's an ugly green colour, which makes me want to puke all over again. I grab a bottle of water to wash the taste of vomit out of my mouth.

"Drunk Celeste really didn't like sober Celeste last night. She really was commanding," he gives me a tired smirk.

"What are you talking about, Lucas?" I rub my eyes and put my throw up bag to the side, "I was never drunk."

He looks out the window in exasperation, "How do you explain your vomit in a bag then? You were drunk, Celeste. So drunk that you wanted to have sex with me in a car and trust me, as much as I wanted to, I didn't. You should be on your knees, thanking me."

I roll my eyes as I begin to sit up. We are in a parking lot of a mall. There are few cars around us because the mall has not yet opened. It's very quiet, except for chirps from the birds outside.

I hardly remember anything that happened last night. I can recall Hallie taking me to a warehouse, us playing spin the bottle and then Drew breaking up with me. I don't remember the reason I went to the warehouse or the reason that Drew broke up with me, but I know that it had something to do with Hallie's brother.

"Mind telling me what exactly happened last night?" I half ask, half plead Lucas.

He thinks for a moment before answering, "Well, you showed up at the warehouse. You played spin the bottle with a big group of teenagers, with which you ended up chugging a glass of wine down and you were left in your bra. Then, the bottle landed on you for the third time, meaning that you had to kiss someone and that someone was Carter Parks, if you even know who that is. Drew Everett, your boyfriend, randomly showed up, dressed all formally with flowers in his hand. He saw you kissing another guy and you broke up."

As he speaks, I slowly begin to be able to replay the moment in my head, "How did I get drunk then?"

"That would be my fault. I offered you a glass of Vodka and you drank it all abnormally fast and then bam! You were so drunk," he begins to get up too, "We better get leaving, before the security calls us out for sleeping here."

I feel my vision get cloudy because I am tearing up again because of the break up, "Why didn't you just drop me off at my dorm, last night?" I use the back of my hand to wipe off my tears, before they come running down my face at full speed.

"You never told me which university you go to and what would they say if I brought a sleeping red-faced girl in the middle of the night? They'll probably think I'm some kind of criminal," he puts the key into his car, starting the engine.

"Dove must be worried sick," I flatten my hair and pull my seatbelt on before Lucas begins driving. I give him the directions to my campus and it turns out that he drove the other way, away from my campus last night, so now, it'll stake twice as long to get back.