Chapter 9

Chapter 9

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING EXCEPT CINDRIA AND THE OTHER EXTRA CHARACTERS PLUS THE STORY! THE REST ALL BELONGS TO J.K ROWLINGS

Cindria's POV:

Today was Tom's day off.

I first thought he was fooling me when he entered our room yesterday and told me that he didn't have any meetings tomorrow or anything planned.

But nope, there he lay, in the next day, still in bed, sleeping in. I smiled at his sleeping figure, before running my hand through his soft brown hair. I got up from the bed and began preparing myself for today. I closed the door gently after I was done before walking down the darkened hallways and towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Tom hardly ever eats though, which makes me worried about his health, though he does tell me that his health is perfect and that he's never felt better in life before.

I seriously doubt it, though.

After thirty minutes of preparing breakfast, I heard the footsteps walking to the kitchen. Feeling slightly giddy, I ran and hid behind the door, waiting for Tom's arrival.

I heard him walk in, and my line of vision could only see his back before I ran behind him.

But before I could do or say a mere 'boo', the end of a wand was pointing at my nose. My heart began to beat erratically in my chest at the sudden quick threatening movement and I slowly backed away from the wand.

"Oh god, Cindria, sorry! I thought you were a threat!" Tom explained, putting away his wand quickly before stepping towards me. I stepped back almost immediately, almost tripping on my dress and hitting the wall with my back.

"What's wrong? I'm not going to hurt you," Tom said, quirking his eyebrows in concern before taking an even closer step towards me.

"Y-your eyes," I whispered, staring into his ruby red eyes that glistened in the kitchen light.

Tom blinked and they turned back to his brown ones.

"No need to worry, darling, you know that I'll never hurt you," Tom said gently, taking me into his arms and sitting me down on a chair.

"Yes, I know," I mumbled under my breath before remembering the tea in the kettle, which began to whistle a while ago.

I placed the breakfast on the table and Tom took his seat, we began to eat and the only thing in the room that could be heard was the clinking of metal.

I was about to open my mouth to make conversation before someone knocked at the kitchen door.

"Come in," Tom answered, looking up from his food with a frown.

Uh oh.

One of the maids that were employed here slowly creaked the door open and winced when she met Tom's glare. She looked to the ground before opening her mouth to speak.

"Mr. Albus Dumbledore is here to see Ms. Cindria Rowan, Master," she said meekly, before bowing.

"Did I not give an order for nobody to disturb me today?" Tom said icily.

I could see the poor maid cowering in fear before nodding her head.

"I apologize, Master, Mr. Dumbledore insisted that he see her," the maid continued, trying to defend her action.

"Her? Why are you speaking as if Cindria isn't here? Do you lack the brain capacity or must I punish you into submission-" Tom began, his eyes gleaming.