Chapter XXII

It had been a few days since we returned to the pack. Danielle didn’t send out a second search party, and the pack was still on lockdown. I hadn’t seen much of Fenix, since he was busy, so I stayed to myself. It wasn’t until I heard loud noises outside that I left the house.

I was a little surprised at the sight. Chancelor was back, and everyone was surrounding him, either thanking him for returning or yelling at him for leaving school. But he wasn’t alone.

Beside him was a girl who I’d never seen before. She was a little shorter than he was, and ridiculously pale, with long brown hair that reached her lower back. She dressed differently, too-- mostly in black. A black t-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers. A lot of black. Who was she?

Suddenly she looked around, and that was when I saw her face. She had narrowed eyes that were blood red, and her parted lips revealed a pair of fangs.

A Vampire. Why had Chancelor brought a Vampire? Unable to help my curiosity, I walked closer until I was noticed, and Chancelor smiled a little at me.

“Oh good, you’re alright. A few people told me you went on a search party.” he said. I could only nod a little as an older wolf huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Chancelor, you’re missing the point! You should be in school, not here!” she said to him. Chancelor looked away from me, pinning the woman with a stern look.

“I gave my reasons for leaving. Do not question my decisions.” he said, in what was possibly the most serious tone I’d ever heard from him. Chancelor didn’t seem like the type to take the position of Alpha seriously.

Chancelor turned back to me, motioning for me to follow him. “Come on. I was just headed up to see Fenix and Dani, and I know you won’t pass that up.” he said, smirking a little. I felt my face flush as he chuckled, and the Vampire that was with him gave me a once-over before she smiled a little. I noticed when she and Chancelor walked though that their hands bumped together, and they spoke to each other in hushed tones. Did Chancelor have a girlfriend?

“Honey, I’m home!” Chancelor yelled as we entered the house. All I heard in response was Danielle’s voice yelling in frustration before she ran down the stairs, looking torn between hugging Chancelor, or strangling him.

“What the hell are you doing here? You aren’t supposed to be here. God damn it Chancelor I have too much to deal with without you skipping school!” she said, glaring at him. Chancelor chuckled again, shrugging as he walked closer to her.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ve got it covered. Besides, I couldn’t stay away when I heard there were hunters near my pack.” he said. She rolled her eyes, putting her hands on her hips.

“What, you think I can’t handle it?”

“Dani, you don’t do well under pressure.” he said. She glared for that, before she noticed me. Her expression soured slightly.