Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ariel

"Eh, I don't know. I'm just crazy, I guess." I lied, not really thinking about what I was saying.

"Hey, we were going to do a song on powerful wizards. . .do you have any lyric ideas?" I asked, trying to get The Sorcerer Society into the conversation, and trying to change the subject. What can I say? I'm a multi-tasking bitch. Be jealous people.

"Yeah totally!" Allie exclaimed, smiling happily. Oh my god, what the hell is wrong with her? Like stop being so fucking happy you little blonde piece of-

"Harry Potter! He did boom boom and made Voldemourt go zoom zoom! He did spells and ate lots of . . caramel!" Allie sung, interrupting my lovely thoughts.

"Caramel, really?" I questioned, annoyed she didn't bring up anything close to the SS (short for Sorcerer Society).

"Of course, silly! He ate lots of caramel!" Okay, her voice is officially the most annoying one I've ever heard.

"Riiiggght. So like any other powerful wizards? Perhaps a president of the wizard world?" Hint-hint goldilocks . . .

"A gift? I'm confused." Is she an idiot? Because I think she's an idiot.

"President not present, Allie." Alex corrected his sister. How does the poor cutie deal with her? I would have killed her by now if I was him.

"But to answer your question, no there is not a president of the wizard world. Simply a council that runs it." Alex told me. We were getting somewhere!

"Oh cool. What is the council called?" I asked, casually, fingering my necklace. [I know all you dirty minded freaks thought that sentence was going to end differently.]

"Sorcerer Society."

"Where are they located?"

He glanced and around before whispering, "I don't know-w. Nobody knows." Ah, fuck my life. Of course no ones knows.

"Why the whispering?"

"Because I'm-m not supposed to talk about their location!" He said, shaking his head, "God please forgive me! I didn't mean to break the law! I love you!" he added, looking up.

"Calm down, dude. God has more important things to do at the moment then punish you for breaking an unimportant law."

"How would you know?" he demanded.

If only he knew. . .

"Oh know I totally wouldn't! It's not like God was practically a family friend! No way! Haha, is that a taco? I see a taco." I said, looking away.

"We are in an Italian restaurant." Alex said, through narrowed eyes, "There's no tacos."

"Oh whoops! It probably was sushi! Because sushi is Italian, right?" I said nervously.

"Wrong. Sushi is Japanese." Alex said before asking, "What is going on here?"

"Nothing." I said, glancing at a very quiet Caelum.

"Tell me or I'm calling the patrols." He threatened. When did Alex become this confident?

"Nothing is going on!" I insisted.

Alex pulled out his wand, ready to make the call.

Now, the "patrols" didn't scare me. No, not at all. But the last thing we needed was a band of people with wooden sticks as their best friend to be after us.

"No wait! We'll explain!" I told him. Wait, what I was I saying?

'We are not telling them the truth, Ariel! It's too risky!' Caelum said in my head [if you were wondering, yes, that was the first thing Caelum had said to me since I called him a prick].