Chapter 20 Last chap

~Cowritten by my bus buddy, Arianna!~

“Hey what are we doing out here?” I said Alexander. We had finished packing, so he decided to drag me outside, at about 11PM when it’s like -72 degrees. “It’s to coooold.” 

“You’ll see,” Alexander said, excitement sparkling in his eyes. 

“Why would you bring me outside at this time of night, WHY? ” I whined, feeling myself shake.

“Is da wittle Maddy-Maddy getting cold?” He asked.

“Are you high or something?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Why would I be high?” He questioned.

“Idunno,” I replied, shivering once again. 

Alexander wrapped his arms around me and whispered, “We’re almost there, I promise.” 

“Almost whe-”

My comment was cut short once I saw the lake which was a reflection of the stars dancing in the night sky and the crescent moon glistening, resembling a crooked smile. I glanced around and noticed a red and white picnic blanket a few inches away from the lake along with a picnic basket. I stared at the site in awe.

“How? When? Wha...?” Was all I could say.

“Well I thought you deserved and romantic night out....” Alexander said micking a french accent, making me giggle. 

“You did this for me?” I said sheepishly, “but when did you have the time to set it up?”

“You know how I kept going to the bathroom?” He asked. I nodded. “Well, I snuck out the window to come out here and set up.”

“So you weren’t taking a-”

“Noooo. If I did, you’d know,” He said with a slight chuckle. We feel into an awkward silence, before he said, “Well, don’t just stare at me like that! Sit.” 

I sat on the blanket as Alexander took out the items in the picnic basket out and laid them onto the checkered blanket. There was a bowl of strawberries and a bowl of some brown liquid.

“What’s this?” I asked, gesturing to the bowl of the brown liquid. 

“Chocolate,” He replied simply.

“Oh, phew. I nearly had a heart attack,” I said.

“Why? Did you think it was something like fish guts? Maybe someone’s shit?” He asked teasingly. I felt my cheeks heat up.

“I actually, uh, did,” I mumbled. Alexander laughed and kissed my forehead.

“Your soo cute,” He said making me blush more. 

“Did you bring any blankets, it’s really cold out here?” I asked with a shake in my voice.

“No, sorry. I guess I’ll just make this quick,” He said.

“Make what quick?” I asked.

“Uh, Annabelle?” He asked.

“Hmmm?” I asked.

“When we got reunited a few months ago, I couldn’t imagine being in love with a person with you. You were bitchy, snobby,-”

“Gee, thanks.”

“But, the more time we spent together made me realize something,” He took a deep breath and stared into my eyes. “I’ve never stopped loving you. I’ve loved you from the time I laid eyes on you we were 5 to... now. I’ve fallen hopelessly in love with you... Will you marry me?”

I stared at him blankly, not believing my ears. 

“This isn’t a prank right?” I asked.

“Not at all. I’m dead serious,” He stated.

“Yes.”

“Yes what?”

“Yes, I’ll marry you."

~A/N: AAAAWWWWEEE! WASN'T THAT CUTE!? Well, that's the end of the story. T.T Thanks for reading! =D !