Chapter 3-New City

Victoria's POV:

    I was sitting on the plane, blasting my music, and reading an old antique book of fairytales and folklore from around the world when the stewardess interrupted me.

     "Would you like anything to drink?" she asked me with a smile that was clearly forced as I took one of my earbuds out of my ear, you could hear the music coming out at an armlength away, how I didn't go deaf, I do not know. I turned my attention to the stewardess in front of me and I could tell she was exhausted; most likely from trying to get the parents of a little brat to calm the kid down. He had been unruly since the plane took off, and considering it was a sixteen hour flight, the whole plane was going to have issues. 

     "Regular coke please," I replied politely. Once I got my drink I gave a thanks and a sympathetic smile the woman. She returned my look with that of a if-you-want-to-help-calm-the-brat-down-yourself look and proceeded to serve drinks to the other passengers. I couldn't help but think that she was a bitch the rest of the flight. She could've given me a grateful look and moved on, but no. She just had to go and act all mean and moody. Bitch. 

     I decided to go back to reading "The Fair Maiden with Golden Locks", a.k.a. Rapunzel, did you know her name was actually Lettice, not Rapunzel, weird. Strange choice in reading for a seventeen year old girl, I know, but I can't help it. I still am a little girl on the inside that believes in fairytales and wishes that her prince charming will come and sweep her off her feet and they will live happily ever after. 

     Alright, I'm not that mushy. I just truly enjoy reading fairytales. They are some of the first fictional tales written in the world and I love history. So it's like a mixture of literature and history for me, the best combination in the world. 

     I was on my flight to my new home, Manila, and had been for a few hours now, not quite sure how long exactly, and was lost in my own little world. 

     I absolutely hate talking to people while flying and immediately stick my headphones on when we're allowed to. One, to stop the pressure that builds in my head from the rising altitude. And two, so that I don't have to socialize with the poor person sitting next to me. I try my best to sit away from my dad. He just loves to talk during flights and always comes off a flight having made a new acquiantance. I have no idea how he does it. He is really sociable, whereas I give off the message to piss off and not to mess with me or else. And people take that seriously too. I don't kid when I threaten people. I'm not exactly the best people person, which is why I always wonder how I'm related to my dad. Then again, I'm adopted. 

     Yep, you heard (well actually read) right. I'm adopted, but I'm not from a different country other than the States, I swear. I'm only half Korean and proud of it, even though I look full on Asian, I have other blood in me, but we don't know where from, they didn't tell us. However, I don't speak a damn word of Korean. My parents are both as American as they can get. My dad is tall, lean, and has now salt-and-pepper hair, mostly salt, and light brown eyes. His hair used to be a pretty dark brown, but he greyed early. A gene unfortunately inherited from the Greek side of his family. That's about as ethnic as my family gets though, besides me. My dad's only half Greek though, so... 

     My mom on the other hand had bright green eyes, sometimes they even looked brown, making them hazely, and strawberry blonde hair. Unfortunately she's no longer with us, that's why my dad and I are all alone.

     Anyways, yeah, I'm adopted and I look and act nothing like my dad.

                                                      ********************************************