Chapter 7- Viral Hit

Victoria's P.O.V:

      That bitch. That was the only thought that came to mind when I thought about that Mai girl. I was trying to be nice to her because she was Hunt's friend, but she just crossed the line. It wasn't even 5 minutes before she just wrote me off. I didn't even do anything wrong. She was upset for some reason that I didn't notice that everyone was staring at us, namely me. She had no right to get mad at me. 

      I love Hunt as a friend, but I can't deal with people like that. Which is why I walked out. I can't stand her. 

     I now found myself sitting at some window, looking out to the city, listening to music and wishing I could just go back home and be free with my friends. The only real good part about this is the fact that I get to see Hunter again, but that's about it. 

    "Hey," someone said quietly, who I could easily recognize as Hunter. 

    "Not in the mood right now Hunt," I said, trying to get him to go away without sounding too mean. But why was he here anyways?

    "I know you're not, but I want to apologize for Mai. She just is weird about certain things," he said trying to defend her, but not very effectively. 

    "Stop trying to defend her. I was nice to her and she acted rude to me. I deserve an apology from her and you know it," I said, my anger level rising slightly. 

    Hunter bent down to my level as he said,"I know. And I'm deeply sorry for that. I'll talk to her, I promise." 

    I was unsure as to whether or not I should indeed forgive him, but his eyes told me that he really was truly sorry, as he gave me his very best puppy dog look. Stupid look.

    "Fine. I forgive you," I said, reluctently may I add. 

    "Thank you!" he exclaimed as he embraced me in a hug. 

    "But I'm not going back in there," I added hastily, hoping that he would allow me to myself for a while.  Not that I didn't enjoy Hunter's company, but I think I needed some time to myself. 

    "Alright, where would you like to go then?" he asked, looking like he wasn't going to leave anytime soon. 

    "Honestly, I want to go home. But I don't really want to ditch school my first day and you shouldn't miss review week."

    Suddenly his lips curved up into a smile that could only be described as mischevious, as not only did his grin seem crooked, but his eyes had that glint in them. 

    "Hunt, what are you thinking? I don't like that look on your face," I said nervously, my fear clearly written accross my face. Plus, I'm pretty sure I was cowering a little bit. Not many people could scare me, but Hunter was definitely one of them, and so was my dad, who would chop my head off if I ditched school. 

   "Nothing overly worth your time cowering in a corner from my godly wrath, but probably is something you're going to refuse to do unless I drag you there," he said cautiously, while confirming my fears. 

   "We cannot ditch Hunter," I said seriously."You have to be in classes so that you can review, and teachers are expecting me to be in class so that they can tell me what they 've done over the past year and see what I've done in return."

     "I know that. But I wasn't thinking about missing the whole day, just using our OCPs to our advantage by going out for lunch and extending it to our free blocks, which follow immediately after lunch for the both of us," he stated as though he was telling me we had a math quiz next week.