Part 4

Here's Part 4! COMMENT and VOTE :)

++++

My eyes fluttered at the beaming sun shining through my curtains. I groaned. I didn't want to face the day. To face life. I sat up slowly and got ready to go for another job search.

I walked out of the Woman's shelter. I suddenly fell to the ground and groaned. This was just like what happened with....my eyes bulged as I saw Daniel standing in front of me. He chuckled and helped me up, he suddenly froze when he realized where I came out of. I looked at him than back at the shelter. And then I booked it.

"Kathryn!" I heard him call, running after me. I didn't look back, I just kept on running. "Kathryn!" He yelled again. I panted, running out of breath. Suddenly, I screamed as I slipped on a piece of ice and then everything went black.

***

My eyes fluttered and I smelled the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. I looked around, my head pounded furiously. I jumped up, ignoring the searing pain in my skull as I realized where I was. Oh no. I remembered what happened before I got here. Shit.

"Kathryn, You're up? Are you ok? Do you need me to take you to the emergency room? I can if you want. Oh, I should've done that already...can you hear me? Are you alright? Is everything ok? Do you need anything?" He babbled, talking rapidly. I smiled slightly.

"DJ...Daniel!" I yelled as he looked me. "I'm fine. Just a headache." I said, touching my head. He nodded and handed me water and an Advil. I gulped down the Advil with my water.

He stared at me for a minute. "Kath..." He started. I looked at him. "What were you doing there...?" He asked. I didn't answer. "Are you a volunteer?" He asked. I sighed.

"I live there, Daniel." I said, honestly. No point in lying now. He looked at me, shock in his eyes. I sighed again. "I didn't go to college, and I ran away with Diego, I haven't seen or spoken to my parents since, along with my friends, then of course Diego broke up with me and kicked me out telling me he found someone 'new'. then I came back to New York, got a job at Starbucks, lost my job, lost my apartment and now I live there. I live in a fucking Woman's shelter." I explained. Feeling ashamed.

"Why didn't you tell me to begin with?" He asked. I shrugged and shook my head.

"I didn't want you to look down on me and feel bad. I didn't want your help. I thought I could do it on my own." I said. I was suddenly pulling into a warm embrace. I was surprised and hesitantly hugged back.

"You can stay with me if you want..." He offered. I shook my head.

"No. I don't need your pity. I can do this on my own." I said. He looked at me. I got up from the couch, stumbling slightly, the fall made me dizzy. He caught me and smiled slightly.

"I really think you should stay here. It would make me feel better." He said. "Not for pity. But for your health." He said. I rolled my eyes. He smiled. "Yay." He said. "You can stay in the guest room..." He said.

+++

COMMENT and VOTE :*