Part 3

I rolled my eyes and looked around. "This is a really nice place." I said. I was telling the truth. His HOUSE, yes, he has a house, not an apartment, anyways, his house had beautiful glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling. His walls were a beautiful beige, a big Christmas tree with tons of presents beneath it. His furniture was comfy and warm as well. A fire was lit warming the house more.

"You can sit down if you'd like." He said. I nodded and sat down on the tanned leather couch. I looked at all the picture frames. He seemed really...happy. He had a lot of pictures of him, Julia and the rest of his work friends together in a picture, him and his siblings, him and his parents, a baby. A baby?

"Who's that?" I asked. He looked at the picture.

"JC's little girl. My niece." He smiled with love in his eyes. "Her name is Dana. Gaby just had her four months ago." He said. I nodded.

"She's beautiful." I said. He nodded.

"She is." He looked at me and sat down. "So, Where do you work?" He asked. "I'm guessing you probably have some very high-powered job since you had like A's in school. In every subject." He chuckled. I nodded and faked a smile.

"Haha. Yeah." I looked at my hands. "Well...I would of never guessed you would be...like this..." I said, gesturing to the house. He laughed.

"Yeah, that's what my Dad said." I laughed with him. "So, you and Diego still together? You guys were like...inseparable." He said, with a small chuckle.

"Yeah. I thought that too." I said. He frowned.

"What happened?" He asked.

"He just turned out to be....the guy I never thought he was..." I said. He was the reason to blame. If it wasn't for Diego I would've gone to College or University and I would've become a singer or a Business Executive like I wanted. Ugh. It's all his fault.

"Oh." He let out.

***

It's been at least a week since I last saw Daniel. I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was non-stop thoughts. I sighed as I stepped into the woman's shelter. Yes. That is correct, woman's shelter. The shelter for helpless people. For hopeless people. That's what I was hopeless.

"Any luck today, Kathryn?" Bea asked. Her green eyes held hope in them. I shook my head. She was a friend I made here. She was older than I was. She came here because of an abusive husband and alcohol addictions, she was about her mid-thirties.

I shook my head and her hopeful smile dropped, turning into a saddened frown. She wanted me to get out of here. Not that she didn't like me...I think...but because she didn't want me to live like this, well, that's what she says anyways.

"No body is hiring. Well, besides Montes's fashion line." I said. She looked at me. "No, Bea. I can't. I didn't go to college." I said. She sighed. I let out a hopeless breath. "I wish I could change the way life turned out. I wish I could go back and tell myself to get away from Diego." I told her. She nodded.

+++

COMMENT and VOTE :))