Part 2

COMMENT and VOTE

+++

"Come on, please," He gave me an innocent smile.

"Daniel, Go away. I didn't forgive you four years ago, I'm not gonna forgive you now," I said, ruefully. Ok, I'll admit that was a teeny bit harsh. Ok, A lot harsh. But what he did to me hurt me! Do you know how many times I would go in the bathroom and cry after he called me names? Millions.

"Come on, I'm sorry!" He apologized. "Can't we just hang out? We don't have to be friends we can be...Acquaintances..." He suggested. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"What will it take for you to leave me alone?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.

"To leave you alone...hmm...Hang out?" He said. I sighed, defeated.

"Fine." He smiled wide.

"Oh, Good. I'll pick you up." He said. I was confused on how he knew where I lived, then I felt stupid when I realized we were at my apartment. I nodded and walked into the main doors. I saw Daniel walk away, I got into the elevator and clicked my floor.

"Miss Bernardo," My landlord Jerry, called out as he walked up to me. My heart began to race. I knew this couldn't be good. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave..." He said.

"No...Mr. Santiago..." I started. I was at loss for words. I didn't know what to say. I'm losing my job. My home. Basically my life. I know it's dramatic, but what am I suppose to do now?

"Miss Bernardo, you haven't paid your rent." He said. "I let it go the frist 2 times. Now, I need to do something. You can't get away with it. Miss Bernardo, you need to be out of here within three hours."

"That quick?" I squeaked, feeling tears build up in my eyes. He nodded. "Ugh. I hate Christmas." I said. He turned his head to the side slightly at my comment. He then ignored it and walked off. I groaned, feeling tears finally escape.

****

I walked down the streets of New York. Doing nothing. I better get use to it. I suddenly saw Daniel driving towards my apartment. My eyes bulged. Oh no. He can't find out. I waved my hand catching his attention. He smiled and pulled up to the side, he leaned over open the door. I crawled into his truck.

"So. How are you?" He asked, playing the nice game.

"let's just get this over with." I groaned. He rolled his eyes and began driving.

****

"So...What are your plans for Christmas?" He asked, setting a hot chocolate in front of me. I shrugged.

"Nothing. Just chillin' you know. At home." I chocked on the word home. I don't have one. How's that for a swell Christmas? So much for joy, love, laughter and happiness. He nodded and sat on the stool in front of me. He took a marshmallow and plopped it into his hot chocolate.

"Same. Work has been busy though." He said. I nodded. "So much customers." I swallowed down my drink.

"Where do you work?" I asked, trying not to sound to eager to know.

"Montes Fashion." He said. I smiled brightly.

"Julia's fashion line!" I said. Julia was my best friend back in middle school and high school. Though we lost touch when she went to college and I went to Paris to be with my so called boyfriend. He chuckled at my reaction and nodded.

"Yes. She has happily forgave me." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

++++

COMMENT and VOTE!!