Thirty-Three

I was sitting on my couch with Lauren when i got an unexpected call. Lauren was asleep, so I decided to answer.

"Hello?" I ask the unknown number.

"Hi. Is this Y/N?" A mans voice asks.

"Yes this is her. Who is this?" I ask.

"It's Alan. The guy from the plane and the bar." He laughs nervously. I decided to play a joke on him.

"Alan... that name doesn't sound very familiar."

"Uh.. oh. Um. Yeah okay, just forget this then." He laughs anxiously again. I bust out in laughter but quiet down again realizing Lauren was still asleep. She looks so cute and innocent.

"What's so funny?" He asks.

"I'm just playing. Of course I remember." I laugh as he laughs.

"Well good 'cause, that would've been awkward." I nod.

"What were you calling for?"

"About us hanging out sometime. Maybe you can bring some of your friends so I can meet them. It's always nice to meet new people. You can bring that girlfriend of yours too if you like." He says.

"That sounds great. The only thing is-" my heart stops realizing Lauren is leaving the next day.

"Is what?"

"They're leaving tomorrow." My voice kind of cracks at the end.

"Shit. Whys that?"

"Well they're a band. Fifth Harmony. They have to go do some interviews and such."

"So that's the band you were flying out to see. How cute. Did you guys meet there?"

"No actually. We met due to her texting the wrong number." I reminisce.

"That's even cuter. My heart is doing flips for you." He laughs.

"Yeah. I'm gonna miss her." I say, stroking Lauren's hair.

"When will they be able to hang out again?"

"I don't know. But I'll let you know. In the mean time maybe we can go to a park or a bar or something and meet new people."

"Yeah. That sounds great. What day are you free?"

"Tuesday works for me. Is that good for you?"

"Yeah that's perfect."

"Awesome. I'll see you then." I laugh.

"Okay cool. Bye Y/N."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and stare down at Lauren. She was curled up in a ball, shivering. I quickly run to the the other side of the couch to grab a blanket and throw it over her. I tuck her in and admire her beauty. She's absolutely stunning with makeup on. But without it? Honestly she's so drop dead gorgeous I feel like I'm actually dead inside. She takes my breath away. Literally. I feel like the luckiest person in the whole wide world every time she smiles at me. I don't know where I'd be if she hadn't accidentally texted me. I'd probably be lost and struggling. But right now? I'm genuinely happy. Not to mention the new group of friends I've welcomed into my life.

Just when I turned off the TV, Lauren's phone buzzed on the table. I looked down at a somewhat long paragraph (it was cut off from how long it was). I began to worry. What if she's talking to someone new? A large panic ran through me. One second I feel like i have the world at my fingertips and the next, I'm about to lose it. I make the biggest mistake and pick up her phone to read the message. I feel my heart drop with ever word.

A/N: SO IM BACK

AND I LEAVE YOU WITH A CLIFFHANGER

YAH

IM SORRY

ITS BEEN A MONTH SINCE IVE BEEN ON WATTPAD

LIKE ILL GO ON TO READ SOME NOTIFS AND LOG BACK OFF

ITS BECAUSE MY LIFE IS GOING PRETTY DANG DECENT RN

AND IM STRUGGLING WITH SCHOOL, THE USUAL.

BUT IM HOPING I CAN BE ON A LITTLE BIT MORE NOW THAT THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING.

SO I HOPE YOU ENJOYED

(I might double update. We'll see how i feel tomorrow. Or even tonight.)

THANK YOU FOR READING

Q: what do you think the text message to Lauren was and who do you think it is?

bye now :)