Friend

Levi's Pov

“I don’t think this is a good idea.” Levi tells Asoka as she flits around the kitchen making food.

Asoka rolls her eyes at him, “Levi, you’re being all overprotective. Alina needs to have people to play with! If she doesn’t then she’s going to become socially stunted.”

Levi snorts, “I don’t think so. What if she doesn’t get along with the brat?”

“Come on Levi, Eren and Mikasa’s boy is nice. Sure he’s a bit older than Alicia but I think they’ll get along great.” Asoka tosses the dish rag into the sink and put an omelet in front of Levi with a cup of tea. 

“Mama! I can’t find my pink dress!” Alicia calls from upstairs. 

Levi scowls even more at hearing his daughter is going to wear a dress. He wasn’t a fan of Alicia having a playdate and much less with a boy. If that Jaeger boy’s brat does anything to hurt her or embarrass her then he’d be on a murder rampage.

Asoka and Alicia arrive back downstairs and the little girl immediately jumps into Levi’s lap. He jumps for a moment before his arms go around his daughter. The seven year old hugs him around the neck before asking if she can eat breakfast while sitting on his lap. Levi of course agrees because he can’t refuse such a simple request from his little girl.

"Papa, do I look pretty?" Alicia asks while looking up at him.

Levi is startled by this question for a moment before he nods, "You look fine."

"But do I look pretty?"

"Why does it matter?" Alicia's lower lip begins to wobble and tears gather in the corners of her eyes.

"So I don't?"

"Levi!" Asoka hisses at him under her breath.

"You look pretty, too pretty for going to play with a b-."

"See sweetie! Papa thinks you look really pretty!" Asoka cuts in while putting together another plate of food.

"Alicia what are you going on about now?" Marcel asks, groggy. Levi's twelve year old son hugs his mother before grabbing a plate of food and sitting down at the table.

"I have a play date!"

Marcel chuckles and shares a look with his mother. Being the son of the family had its perks when Marcel realized Levi was a bit less protective of him than his baby sister. In fact since Marcel was old enough to understand Levi drilled it into him that he was to look after his sister and keep any boys away from her. Of course after talking with his mother afterwards it was clear that Levi was just being an overprotective father. 

"Oh? Who is it with?"

"Fallon Jaeger."

Marcel almost spits his milk out because he's laughing so hard. A play date with a boy of all things! Looking over at his father he realizes that Levi isn't happy about it either. "Good luck is all I can say." He turns to look at Levi, "Hey Pops, can I have some money to go out with some friends?"

"No, don't call me 'pops' either." Levi shoots back from over the rim of his coffee mug. 

"But-."

"No."

"Mom!"

Asoka shakes her head, "Don't drag me into this." She looks at the clock on the wall, "Levi, if you're taking Alicia to her play date then you'd better leave now."

"Tch. Fine, Alicia go get your shoes on."

"Okay!" The little girl hops off of Levi's lap and scurries out of the room.