School

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Levi growls as he notices Marcel practically bouncing all over the room. 

"He has to go to school Levi. Look at how excited he is." 

"I never went."

Asoka gives him a glare, "Levi, you lived in the Underground. You're lucky that you even survived. Listen, my dad put me through school and I turned out just fine. I'm sure Marcel will make a lot of friends."

"Or potential enemies..." He mutters.

She smacks him on the chest, "Stop that. Not everyone is out to get our family."

Levi opens his mouth to argue with Asoka that these were dangerous times but Alicia decided it would be a nice time to start wailing. Closing his mouth he immediately heads back into the nursery to check on his little girl. She's holding onto the bars of the crib wailing, hot tears rolling down her face. Levi goes over and picks her up into his arm. Rocking back and forth he easily soothes her into a quiet whimpering. 

Asoka always teased him about being too obsessive over Alicia but how could he not be? She was his precious little girl and he would protect her just as he had her mother and brother. She was a part of his family and he would be damned if he allowed anything to hurt her be it nightmares or anything else. 

A knock on the door, "Levi, are you taking Marcel to school or am I going to?" Asoka asks.

Levi clicks his tongue as he hands Alicia over to her mother, "I'll take him, it's on my way anyways."

"Alright, then you're going to need to leave now."

Levi rolls his eyes but goes into the front room to see his son beaming up at him. His hair for once is neatly brushed, it looked like Levi's hair actually, at least the front of it. He was dressed up in his best every day clothes and was kicking his feet in a rapid pace. At the sight of his father Marcel rushes to his feet and grabs onto his hand, "Come on papa! Let's go!"

"Hold it Marcel," Asoka comes into the room and squats down in front of her son, "Give mama a hug before you go." She says.

Marcel tosses his arms around her and hugs his mother tightly. Asoka stands up and places a kiss on Levi's cheek before stepping back and picking Alicia up in her arms again. Levi nods to Asoka before allowing Marcel to tug him out the door.

It's a short walk to the school house and Marcel bolts forward, releasing his grip on Levi's hand. Levi hurries after his child with his mouth set in an annoyed frown. Grabbing up Marcel before he made it through the door the two walk in. Marcel picks a seat right up front and Levi stands there for a moment. He doesn't want to leave his little boy but at the same time he knew Asoka would kick his ass if he didn't. 

"Marcel, Mama will be here at the end of the day to pick you up." Levi calls. 

"Bye papa!"

Levi turns to walk away when he's swamped by a horde of young children all wanting to get a look at 'Humanity's strongest soldier'. Levi stands stock still, he's used to his own children crawling all over him but this was not something he was equipped to deal with. Luckily the teacher comes in, a woman with dark hair and green eyes. Her smile widens at the sight of him.

"Levi Heicho nice to see you! What are you doing here?" She steps over to him and ushers the children to their seats.

"Dropping off my son for his first day. See to it he's taken care of." Levi turns and walks out of the school house as quick as he could manage. Children that were not his own were just a nightmare.

LATER ON

Levi sighs as he comes back into the house. He expected the meal to be on the table like always and to find Asoka sitting there with their children. What he got was Asoka scolding Marcel as she cleans up his bloody face.

"What happened?" His tone is as sharp as the blades he cuts the necks of titans with. 

Asoka gave him a look before turning to their son and placing a bandage on his face, "Marcel got in a fight in less than ten minutes of being in school."

Levi turns his gaze to his son, "Why?"

Marcel flinches a bit, "B-because someone was picking on my new friend." His face gains a bit of a triumphant look, "I won though."

"Oh? Not bad." Levi ruffles his son's hair, feeling proud.

"Levi!"