Realization

Asoka's Pov 

I sigh as yet again a piercing wail shatters my peaceful sleep. Ever since Alicia was born the little girl enjoyed waking Levi and I up at three every morning. Groaning beside me Levi gets to his feet and heads out of the room to go get the three-month old. 

"Mama make her stop crying I can't sleep!" Marcel whines from his room.

I feel like I'm going to murder someone, "Marcel I can't just make her be quiet. Try and go back to sleep." I reply as calmly as I can. 

"But-!"

"Listen to your mother." Levi's tired voice cuts out any room for argument. 

Leaning back against the pillows I close my eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. Levi enters into the room with our little girl and hands her to me carefully. I smile at him before settling her in to eat again. Levi reclines back on the bed next to me. I lean on his shoulder and close my eyes, "I'm soooo tired."

"Whose fault is that for wanting another kid?"

"Yours considering I was blindsided as well."

"Tch." Levi looks away but pulls me in closer none the less. 

Eventually Alicia is done and Levi picks her up to go and try to get her to sleep. Feeling restless I get up and quietly pad down the hallway into the nursery we set up for her. However I stop at the sound of Levi's soft voice singing to Alicia. I peek into the room and notice that Levi is gently rocking our daughter in his arm and singing lowly to her. A smile comes to my face as I watch from the door way. It's probably then that I realize that he's going to be overprotective of her, moreso than he was with Marcel.

Oh well, he was such a good father. 

***********************************

Okay so I have the perfect picture for this but the programming is being a little... annoying. Anyways I put it in an external link so go check it out ^_^