Steps

It had been about half a year since Marcel went to school and after his first day it turned out that he'd made a lot of friends. As the days had gone by Levi eventually was put at ease that his son would be alright and with that he could focus on his daughter as much as he liked. 

"Levi, do you think you could watch Alicia today?" Asoka asks as she steps into the room with Alicia on her hip and Marcel holding her free hand.

Levi nods as he finishes tying off his ascot, "Sure, what's going on?"

"Marcel wanted to have a mommy-son day so I thought today could also be a daddy-daughter day for you two as well."

Levi nods, "Okay, she'll have to go to headquarters with me." He takes Alicia from her mother and smiles a little as she gurgles happily and attaches herself around his neck. 

"Alright, I love you both. Have a good day." Asoka pecks him on the lips and then leads Marcel out of the room.

******************************

"Don't you want to do something other than drool on papa's paperwork?" Levi sighs as he holds a disgusting drool-soaked paper away from his daughter. Apparently both of his children had something against his paperwork.

"Da!"

Levi raises an eyebrow, "Oh?" He leans a bit back in his chair to look at his little girl.

She was giggling and reaching up at him, her bright eyes just like Asoka's. He smiles before noticing that she was attempting to use her legs. Picking her up he settles her on the ground and allows her to grab both of his pointer fingers in either of his hands. He wraps his hands around her tiny ones and helps pull her to her wobbly little legs. 

Standing half-crouched over her Levi waits for Alicia to decide to try and take her first steps. He was very nervous for her considering he wasn't entirely sure if he was doing this right. When Marcel was learning to first walk Levi was away on an expedition. He was slightly miffed that he missed such an important milestone with his child. 

Levi is snapped out of his thoughts when he notices Alicia wobbling as she attempts to take her first step forward. Focusing on her he waits until she steps forward enough to make him outstretch his arms. He then starts moving with her. Alicia is giggling and Levi can't help but smile as well. Secretly, it was moments like this that he fought for.

After helping her wobble around the room he let go with one hand and later on the other. Quickly walking in front of his precious little girl he holds his arms out to her. "Come here baby girl. Come over here." He says. 

Alicia giggles at her father as, step by step, she manages her way into his arms. Levi smiles as he picks her up in his arms and places a kiss to the top of her head. So many emotions were washing over him however at the sound of a familiar squealing woman. Turning around he glares at not only Hanji but Mike and Erwin as well. How long had they been there?

"That was too cute!" 

"Get out shitty glasses."

"Bah!" Alicia yells and points at the trio.

Levi smirks, she was definitely a daddy's girl.