She's someone else's special someone *2*

Chapter 2

.................................................................................

*two hours ago*

(Brandon's P.O.V)

The sun was out bright and searing down on everybody, though it was only going to last another few hours. Soon it would start to set and all the little lovebirds would sneak their way to the beach for a snuggling/make out session.

I cringed at the thought, knowing the "real" reason my mood was so cranky.

Almost as if on signal, Katie's car pulled into the driveway and she got out in her usual, slow, seductive manner. I knew she wasn't trying to look so good on purpose; it just came naturally to her.

That must be the reason she'd caught Michael's eye so fast, and why he was still hanging on to her with both hands.

Her gaze travelled my way and the smile she'd come with suddenly turned into a frown. I automatically grinned at her reaction, always keeping my goofy attitude nearby for when the occasion arose.

I was used to being received in such a manner by girls like Katie. The ones who thought they held the entire world in the palms of their hands.

Guess she hadn't been anticipating seeing me when she'd decided to drop by and pick "him" up, most likely for a make out session at the beach which seemed to be so popular this time of season.

"What are you doing here?" she snapped, crinkling her nose when I lifted my beer for a swallow.

I took a long sip and grinned at the way she stared at me, I was pretty sure my wrinkled shirt didn't make the situation any better.

"Last time I checked, this was my house too." I replied dryly, answering her lame question.

She reddened a little, another one of her "abilities" that came with being little Miss. prim and proper. She stood in her high heels, her hair impeccably groomed.

"Whatever. Where's Michael?" she asked, looking around as if he'd magically appear from thin air. Obviously he was inside if I was the only one on the porch, but I chose to keep that fact to myself.

"I don't know, he doesn't really keep in touch any longer." I told her.

Her eyes came back to me, this time irritation etched all over her face.

"Can you ever be serious, Brandon? Or is life entirely a joke to you?" she was snapping again, so I simply turned my head and went back to enjoying the scenery.

I could practically feel the heat coming off of her, her anger was always right there on the side. Triggering it wasn't very hard, especially if you were someone like me.

A designer made pink cardigan blocked my view and I looked up to meet Katie's gaze once again. She looked down at me with a sneer and cold eyes.

"Brandon, don't play games with me. If you're going to try ruining this date for Michael and I, then just forget about it now. It won't happen." She said slowly, enunciating each word carefully.

Wow, she really thought highly of herself didn't she? Just who the hell did she think she was anyway, trying to teach me my manners as if I were a 5 year old.

I chose to do the ignoring thing again and pushed her out of my way to continue staring into the distance. A couple of kids rode their bikes by and waved, and I cheerfully waved back as if Katie's words hadn't even gone to my ears.

Just then Michael came out and with him came the stench of too much cologne. Always trying to impress his lady...

He noticed Katie's mood and sent me a disapproving look, I couldn't have cared less.