She's someone else's special someone *7*

She’s someone else’s special someone…

*A/N: I strongly suggest going back a chapter or two and rereading the story so far… It’ll be for the best. I know I’ve taken forever to upload, and you’ve probably forgotten a lot more than you think you have. So just to refresh your minds, before continuing on to read this chapter, I’d recommend going back and refreshing your imaginations! :)*

Chapter 7

…………………………………………………………………………………….

(Katie’s P.O.V)

I woke up and groaned when the sharp sunlight hit my face. Fortunately, Maya, the housekeeper my father had hired when we’d first moved here, was there by the window to quickly pull the curtains and block the sunlight. The transparent curtains still let in a tremendous amount of light, but there was no more harshness to it. I smiled and thanked her, wishing I’d been able to wake sooner.

But the blame was to be Michael’s, he’d ended up taking me back inside and we’d talked for hours, until Brandon’s jeep had started and driven away from the house, signaling me to go. I’d apologized and reminded Michael of the time, and even though he’d offered to come with me to explain to my dad, I’d reassured him and come home on my own.

It wasn’t until I’d walked through the front doors that Maya had come running to me and had reminded me about my dad’s business trip to Europe. The intense amount of relief that I’d felt had left an odd sense of guilt, but that was something I’d gotten used to overtime.

For the time being, I was still in bed and it was nearly noon… not a good habit. I told Maya to leave the bed the way it was, since I could always to do it myself after I’d showered, and walked over to my closet. Choosing something light to wear in the heat of the summer, I walked into the shower and turned it on, flinching when the freezing cold water hit me.

Last night had been too much for me, both physically and emotionally. I didn’t have the courage to watch first one love of my life suffer, only to have my past confuse the hell out of me and force me to go back to when there had been another wonderful, amazing guy.

That wonderful, amazing guy was haunting me more and more as the minutes ticked by. And for the first time in a long while, I acknowledged what I was feeling. Behind the sadness and the anger, there was the regret.

Brandon’s words still reverberated in my mind, had he been telling the truth, did he really have a point when he’d blamed me for not loving him enough to hear him out… to give him a chance.

Love.

Oh, I’d loved him alright. Maybe too much. That could be the only explanation for the things that happened to me every time I looked at him again. I felt the tears rise up and choke me, causing me to sob aloud in the confines of the shower. I fell back against the slippery wall and covered my face with my hands, letting the cold water shower over me and bring me to the realization I’d been keeping on the bay for so long.

Perhaps I’d known the truth the entire time. Known it the day Michael had found me crying 2 years ago, the moment he’d held me close and let me wet his t-shirt with my tears. I’d probably known it when he’d finally asked me out, and explained the reason behind Brandon’s deceit, and maybe I’d known it yesterday on the beach, when he’d told me he loved me and I’d said the words back.

Heck, I’d known it last night too, when Michael had thrashed around in my arms. And later when Brandon had kissed me and reignited the realization into my mind. And now I faced it again.

I still loved him. I still loved Brandon… and it broke my heart into a million pieces that I’d done it all to get his attention, to make him regret what he’d done. If I’d known that Michael was this sick, that in trying to make Brandon jealous, I would be hurting another, I would’ve never done it.