Chapter 25

After an hour of working on the Czech Republic flag on his right peck, Ondrej left for practice and lunch with the guys. No one really knew we were together again, and I wasn't ready for the excitement from the guys quite yet, so I refused the invitation to join. I did, however, spend the rest of the day in the parlor. It was nice to be alone, especially since the air had turned on. It gave me the solidarity and piece of mind to work on some pieces I never finished.

        Once the time reached five in the evening, I decided to go to the apartment to see if Ondrej was up to anything. After stopping at my house to change into shorts, I let myself into the condo. There I found a very tall, lanky man standing in the middle of the kitchen, who was engulfed in reading papers that were scattered all across the kitchen island. I let him be and went searching for my boyfriend.

        Ondrej's door was locked, and after I knocked without a reply, I realized he was probably still out. Returning to my previous spot, I perched myself on the freshly clean kitchen counter and watched Andrej Sûster pick up one sheet of paper after the other. I tried not to be a distraction, but I was obviously failing.

        He tossed the paper he held onto the piles and turned to me, his wire glasses hanging low on his nose.

        "Do you want to go get dinner?" He said.

        I chuckled at his frustration and hopped down from the counter.

        "I'll go see what Johnny's doing." I said accepting his invitation. 

        I walked down the hall to the other wing, where Tyler's room, and Andrej's new room, was, finding Tyler's bathroom occupied with the shower running and Andrej's room completely empty. I assumed he was still in the process of moving out from New York, hence the lack of furniture. I entered the kitchen again, finding Sûs dressed in gym shorts and a Lightning workout hoodie, obviously not caring about confronting anyone while we were out. I slipped my white converse back on and followed him down the hall. 

        "What were all those papers about?" I asked, being the first one to break the silence.

        We filed into the elevator and waited for it to take us to the ground level. 

        "University debts. Bills. All that fun stuff." He said.

        He tugged his phone out of the hoodie pocket and began typing away.

        "I'm telling the guys where we are so Pally doesn't think I stole his girlfriend." We both chuckled. 

        Once the elevator reached ground level, Andrej and I exited the metal containment and walked onto the warm streets of Channelside. I followed along side him, just across the street to the Hooters, which thankfully was only moderately packed. When we stepped inside, the promiscuous waitresses eyed Sûs up and down, sharing devilish grins with each other, before turning their attention to me, causing their faces to completely drop. I tried my best to ignore them and glued my phone to my hands as we weaved to a bar table. 

        I hadn't noticed Felicia shot me a text saying that Alex and Nikita were getting drunk and needed someone to help babysit. I told her to join us at Hooters and if worse came to worst, Andrej could knock some sense into those thick heads of theirs, because hell, the two of us sure couldn't. 

        The waitresses took our drinks and meals down, in which they would take turns coming to the table just to get a close look at Sûs. Once they returned for the fifth time with our alcoholic beverages, I portrayed the conversation, giving him a heads up for when the boys arrived.