Chapter 26

With Game One quickly approaching, the boys were set up in a hotel room each, at the Embassy Suites down the street from the forum. It was a precaution for distractions and an effort to keep the guys as comfortable as possible. That didn't stop Ondrej from sneaking me in, though. I wasn't sure if the other guys did it as well, but I wouldn't know since the girls and I never talked about it.

        I took the back entrance, like I had before, with the card Ondrej provided me with. The door took me to the stairs and up to the sixth floor. I had to avoid contact and conversation with anyone, because Coach and Yzerman, himself, warned the guys of the consequences. They had curfew of nine in the evening and a strict schedule of when to eat, sleep and workout. Of course, that didn't faze Ondrej.

        My sneakers skipped steps up the stairs and pushed through the door. I quickly looked to each of the halls at my side, before trekking down the carpeted hall.

        602. 604. 606. 608

        I rounded the corner and collided with what seemed like a brick wall. Regaining my balance, my fingertips held to my forehead from the impact, I realized that it was precisely a brick wall.

        "Kay?" Ben furrowed his brows.

        He placed a large hand on each of my shoulders to steady me. I looked up at him.

        "Kay, you can't be here, you know that."

        It was the first time I had been caught, since their arrival four days before. I took note that there was a large black brace on Ben's arm, extending from his hand to the crook of his elbow. It was the same arm he had surgery on in the off-season and it was the same arm he yet again broke.

        "Ben, don't tell anyone." I said.

        He looked behind him to make sure we weren't being caught. I wasn't nervous or scared. I knew he wouldn't, especially after what his friend did to me. He owed me that much.

        Ben scoffed and continued on his way down the hall. I wasn't sure if anything was planned for the guys, but Ondrej told me to meet him precisely at four in the evening, before dinner at six and after workouts at three. It wasn't a vague schedule to work on and it gave me time to work clients into my schedule, while maintaining a healthy relationship.

        I looked back and waited for something to happen. Maybe to see if Ben ran into anyone again, but the hall was silent. The team and staff had the entire fifth floor booked, only to make things easier for the guys to find their rooms and for the managers to make quick announcements without calling everyone down to the meeting rooms. Which only made my sneaky trips in that much harder.

        I abruptly stopped in front of room 612 and slid the card into its slot, getting a beep and a green light, which gave me the okay to enter. The room was almost pitch black, the only light seeping from the curtains draped over the windows. I waited for my eyes to adjust, before slipping my shoes off and wandering the room. It was pretty standard, nothing too high class. A kind sized bed in the center with two walnut nightstands on either side and a long dresser, which held a flat screen on top. There was a fairly large desk in the corner, hosting a phone and lamp, along with Ondrej's laptop and keys, and in the opposite corner was a patterned armchair and ottoman. 

        I shuffled over discarded clothes and tennis shoes to the window, only to stretch the curtains open, letting in a ray of grey light. I heard someone groan from the bed, quickly turning to find Ondrej's body wrapped up in a pure white comforter. His eyes were squinted and his face was scrunched from the sudden brightness. I chuckled and began to undo my jeans. 

        All our meetings ended up in cuddling with a movie on, since we couldn't really do anything else together. I made it easier for myself, instead of letting him undo them for me or me trying to shed them off under the blankets. I slid under the duvet, my legs bare, and into his warm, shielding arms. His large hand rubbed my back, as he breathed me in.

        "How was your day?" He asked, his voice low and deep.

        I hummed into him and pressed my hands to his naked chest in an attempt to warm them.

        "Better now." I replied.

        "Did something happen?"

        "No," I started, "Ben caught me in the hall, though."

        "Did he now?" He placed a kiss to my hairline.

        I nodded against his embrace, "I think we're good." 

        He flipped me over, pressing his body on top of me. Ondrej knew when he acted dominant, it drove me insane, and so he did it whenever he could, only to get a rise out of me.

        "In that case," He pressed his lips to mine and firmly set his hands on my hips.

        I lifted my hands to his neck and rubbed the skin on his shoulders, since I had no hair to tug on anymore. His tongue pried my lips apart and playfully swirled with mine. I was cold from the overcast and constant rain the end of April brought, but my body was quickly heated from the contact.

        He roughly slid his hand up my waist, under my hoodie and softly grabbed at the skin. His touch sent shocks of electricity threw my veins and my pulse thumped like a bass drum. It was an indescribable feeling, which only left me wanting more. And that's exactly what I got.

        Ondrej pulled back from our embrace, only to flip the sweatshirt over my head and onto the floor next to us, leaving me in my neon sports bra. His lips met my neck, instead of returning to their previous spot. I, of course, didn't mind. His lips nibbled at the skin and lightly kissed when he reached my jawbone. A quiet moan escaped from my tongue and I arched my back to give him more access. 

        Knock. Knock. Knock.

        "musíš být kurva srandu" He uttered against my neck.

        I just chuckled and comfortably lay back down on the mattress. I thought his annoyance was cute and humorous, which on some instances, just pissed him off even more. But there was nothing a kiss couldn't solve.

        I quickly pecked his soft lips as he lifted himself off of me. His figure retreated around the corner and I heard the door open.

        "Hey, I was wondering-" Johnny rounded the corner and looked at me like a deer in headlights.

        I burst out into laughter, finding Ondrej leaning against the corner of the wall with a smug smirk on his lips. I noticed how chiseled he was and how I wished it was socially acceptable to never wear a shirt.

        Johnny pointed to me and turned to Ondrej, "She's not supposed to be here."

        I just laughed and rested my back against the wood headboard. 

        "What's up, Johnny?" Ondrej said, moving back into bed with me.

        Tyler looked in between us with shock, before focusing on Ondrej again, "I was wondering if you um, had another Xbox controller."

        Dre pointed to the desk, which indeed had a black controller resting on it. Tyler went to retrieve it, turned back to us and contemplated on whether or not he should say anything. He decided against it and walked out of the room.

        Ondrej and I started to crack up and leaned into each other. Our laughs turned into soft chuckles, which completely stopped when we looked into each other's eyes. He still had a smirk plastered to his lips, but I knew he was in deep thought.

        He leaned into me slowly and finally kissed me again.

        "I love you."