Chapter 8

Ondrej and I arrived in less than twenty minutes to the apartment, at which there was no parking available. I didn't know how Felicia could possibly get the word out so quickly, but damn was she good at it. Ondrej and I didn't bother changing, even though I planned on borrowing something from Felicia anyway. We locked fingers, walking the path we had walked before: up the elevator, to the twelfth floor and through the chestnut door. The two of us were greeted by blaring music and a hoard of people, all with glasses in hand and smiles on their faces. 

Once everyone got a glimpse of Ondrej being in their presence, they cut the conversations short and raised their glasses to cheer for their rookie. He instinctively looked to the ground and smirked, a pink tint appearing to his cheeks. I lightly bumped him with my shoulder and smiled up at him, taking the situation in as much as I possibly could. 

Tyler, JT, and Nikita approached us, smacking their hands on their best friend's and yelling. I took the time to escape from the guys to Felicia and Alex's room, hoping to find her there. I knocked twice and entered, met by a well-lit room.

"Licia, I'm stealing your clothes!" I called, heading to the walk-in closet. 

I threw my Filppula jersey over my head, tossed it to the ground and flipped through the racks of clothes.

"Well, well, well." A man's voice said next to me. 

I spun around, covering every inch of skin as I could, meeting the eyes of a man I had honestly never seen before. He was tall, buff and blonde, with a shit-eating grin plastered on his scruffy face. 

"Excuse me-" 

He took a step towards me, causing me to step deeper into the closet, "You're Palat's girl aren't you?" 

I nodded and looked for something to cover me up quickly. 

"He won't be too happy with this then, huh?" 

I swallowed nervously. I didn't know what to think, or do for that matter. I could honestly say I had never been in that position and I prayed that someone, anyone would come in to interrupt what was happening. 

"Can you leave, please?" I asked, with a hint of anger in my voice. 

I felt like a cornered puppy, waiting to be kicked, and I hated it. He looked me up and down, almost like he owned me. I furrowed my brows in an attempt to be threatening. 

"He's a lucky guy," The man took another step towards me, "I hope he won't mind if I have a taste." 

He lurched forward, grabbing me by the waist and I retorted with a blood-curdling scream. I was sure no one could hear it over the music, so there was no point. The thoughts began racing again: That's it, I'm going to get raped in my best friend's bed, in her apartment, as everyone was having a right good time outside with wine and mixed drinks. 

I thrashed, kicked, punched, I did everything in my being to do something, but the obvious hockey player over powered me. 

"Get the fuck off me!" I yelled, flinging my arms at his face. 

My heart was racing, adrenaline moving through me faster than I ever thought humanly possible. 

"Feisty one, aren't you?" He replied. 

I then yelled the next thought that came to my head, 

"Ondrej!" 

A tear slipped out of my eye and onto the bedding I was pinned against. 

Finally, someone broke through the door and flung the man pressed on top of me to the floor at our side. I curled into a ball and let the racking sobs take control of my body.