A Crazy Life of High Sierra

Chapter 1: First day of school

Mrs. Rayne: Skyla, Aqua, breakfast is ready! Hurry up or you two will be late on your first day of school

Skyla: Yeah, yeah, I'm coming! *puts on her uniform* Ugh, I hate skirts why the check we have to wear skirts!!!! Why can't we go to school with our casual clothes on the first day?!

Mrs. Rayne: Skyla, Aqua, hurry!!

Skyla: Ok, ok.

Skyla went down stairs and had breakfast. Then Skyla waited for Aqua to come downstairs.

Mrs. Rayne: Diana hurry up!!

Aqua: Coming!!!

Aqua went downstairs wearing her circa vest, stripe cargos, colonial hat, buckle wristlet, stripe racer gloves, and her tall military boots.

Aqua: Also, don't call me Diana mom. I like to be called Aqua.

Mrs. Rayne: Sorry sweetie. *looks at Aqua's outfit* I told you to wear the uniform I gave you!!!

Aqua: Mom. The school doesn't have uniforms.

Mrs. Rayne: *sighs and smile* Ok. Have fun on your first day of school.

Skyla and Aqua waved their mom and went to school bus stop. There were some students waiting there too. Meanwhile, Dylan was getting ready for his first day of school.

Mrs. Martin: Dylan, hurry up! Breakfast is ready!

Dylan: Ok. I'm coming!

Dylan went downstairs to have his breakfast, Leon and Megan were there having their breakfast as well.

Mr. Martin: Good luck on your first day of high school Dylan.

Leon: Good luck with the girls, I would say.

Dylan: You are so dead!

Leon: But that's the reason why you move from your other school right? Because of your fan girls.

Dylan: Oh, sorry for being so hot.

Leon: Yeah, as well as smart.

Mr. Martin: Ok boys, stop.

Leon: He started!!!!

Dylan: He started!!!!

Megan: Both of you just stop it, you're so annoying!!!

Mrs. Martin: Hurry up you three! You'll be late for your first day of school. Also, remember that is your first day in Sierra high and Oakland middle school.

Leon: Ok mom. Well, Dylan and Megan, let's get going then.

Dylan: Yeah, Yeah, whatever. Tell that to your lazy butt, not me. Also, stop acting like you're the oldest child. Bye mom. Bye dad.

Megan: Bye mom! Bye dad!

Mrs. Martin: Bye sweeties.

Mr. Martin: Dylan, Leon, and Megan.

Dylan, Leon, and Megan walk out the door and head to the bus stop. When they arrived, the bus had just came. Unfortunately, Leon and Megan got on their bus to Oakland middle school. Meanwhile, Dylan got on his bus, but didn't find a seat. He saw an empty seat next to a red headed girl.

Dylan: Um... Can I sit here?

Skyla: *looks at him* Sure, I don't mind. *silent for a moment* Most of the time is empty.

Dylan: What do you mean? *sitting down*

Skyla: You're new, aren't you?

Dylan: Yeah, why?

Skyla: *looks away and stares at the window* You wouldn't understand.

Dylan: Umm... Well, what's your name?

Skyla: *silent for a moment* Skyla Rayne.

Dylan: (She's kinda cold, but she's pretty) I'm Dylan Martin, nice to meet you.

Skyla: ...........

There was a moment of silence until the bus stop in the front of the school and everybody went to their respective classes.

Dylan: Hey Skyla!

Skyla: Huh? *turns around* Oh, it's you.

Dylan: Yeah. What room are you in?

Skyla: I am in room 9-A.

Dylan: I am in the same class too. Mind if I walk with you to class?

Skyla: Nah, it's ok.

They both walk silently to class. Once they arrived, Mr. Larkin showed up and waved to class.

Mr. Larkin: Hi guys, I'm your history teacher for this class. *looks at Dylan* You must be the new student. Dylan?

Dylan: Yes, that's me.

Mr. Larkin: Ok. Please sit next to Cole.

Dylan: Who is Cole?

Cole: *raising hand* That's me! 

Dylan: *sees him* Oh ok.

Skyla was sitting in the usual seat, the last seat in the class. Although she was indeed the smartest.

Dylan: (I wonder what does Skyla by that comment?)

Mr. Larkin: Well, let's begin with our class. Now open your history book on page 76. Read carefully and then answer the questions on a separate piece of paper.

After some minute...............

Cole: *whispers* Pss! Hey Dylan!

Dylan: *whispers* What is it?

Cole: *whispers* It is true that you sat next to Skyla on the bus?

Dylan: *whispers* Yeah, why?

Cole: *whispers* Nothing. It's just that there were rumors going on around the school.

Mr. Larkin: *sees that they were talking* Mr. Ryan and Mr. Martin, is there something that you want to share with the class?

Both: No, Mr. Larkin.

Mr. Larkin: Ok, then continue working and without talking please.

Dylan: (Phew! That was close)

The students kept working on their assignment, until the bell rang.

Mr. Larkin: Leave your sheet of paper on my desk. You can go now.

The students grab their things, left their assignment on the teacher's desk and go to their next class. Skyla was picking up her things, until three girls appeared in front of her.

Madison: *rude tone* Listen up bitch! Is it true that Dylan Martin sat next to you on the school bus?

Skyla: There weren't any seats left, so why?

Madison: *walks up to Skyla and gets in her face, then talks with a rude tone* You better stay away from him because he's mine!

Skyla: *rude tone* Have you even look at yourself in the mirror lately? Or did you break it?

Rachel: Shut up red head! You can't talk to Madison that way because you know that if you do, you won't be able to pass the cheer leading tryouts.

Skyla: Hmp! Like I cared about that stupid thing.

Missy: We'll keep an eye on you.

Skyla: So what? *standing up and getting angry* I don't care about him! What part of you don't get?!

Madison: Do you think that you're better than us?

Skyla: *angry* You know what? You're the most annoying people I've ever met! *leaves*

Skyla left her assignment on the teacher's desk and walked away to her next class.