Chapter 11

Something happened with my previous chapter and it didn't show you guys the last page! More goes on so go and back and read it please :)

I'm sorry to any readers that are reading this and questioning some things in this story. Sometimes I write one thing then contradict myself and write the opposite. For example, I’ve already said that the story is currently set in November but I’ve changed my mind halfway through and set it in March. Sorry for any confusion. Oh and I know a senior doesn’t turn 18 until they’ve actually graduated but I can’t really change it now and it fits my story better that way. Let’s just all pretend like it’s the truth!!

Oh and that's supposed to be Ophelia! (So pretty!)

My new cell phone made a noise, its screen lighting up and alerting me to a new text. I didn’t have anybody’s number but Cam’s, Richard’s and for emergencies, Kane’s. I expected it to be the phone company advertising something or other but instead it was from an unknown number. The text read, Meet you at the school office at 8:20. It will give us sometime to pick up your schedule and get you a locker. See you then. Hayden xxx

 It was most probably Cam that had given her my number which was sweet because I had been dreading this day all night. Once we had got home from the party, Cam had given me one of her backpack’s and told me a little more about the high school I was going to start attending. White Stark High is a an old school first established way in the time before Grease was even out and had been strictly for white people only. (The name is sort of a clue). Richard used to go there and for a short while, so did Cam. Apparently it wasn’t too big but neither was it small either. I’d probably be assigned a ‘buddy’ to show me around and answer any questions I had. I knew it wasn’t going to be Hayden or Alyxandra because they weren’t in my year but someone like Josh or Ophelia could be an option. I sincerely hoped it wouldn’t be her or my school life would most likely be a living hell.

 On the morning of my first day Cam made sure to feed me well. She gave me five pancakes slathered with butter along with two boiled eggs, two pieces of toast and a tall glass of orange juice. Richard was driving me there because he was on his way to work and it would work out well for the both of us.

 “Don’t be scared honey. You’ll be one of the eldest there so there’s nothing to freak out about.”

To be honest, I really wasn’t scared.Cam was the one who was scared, not me.

I ate my breakfast in record time and bounced out of my chair and slung my new(ish) backpack over my shoulder. I walked out to the hallway to wait for Richard and surveyed myself in the mirror beside the door. I had gone against Cam’s wishes of having my hair down and tied it back into a neat ponytail. Going against Cam’s wishes again, I had worn the jeans I had with me before moving here and had paired it with a simple white tee and a plain black jumper over the top. I had finally given into Cam and wore a pair of diamond (fake of course) earrings to top the whole look off.

 “Ready?” Richard asked me as he trotted down the stairs kitted out in his chief constable uniform. I nodded in response, my throat already dry from nerves. Richard planted a kiss on his wife’s cheek and walked out into the weak March sunshine. I watched him go but couldn’t bring my own legs to follow him.

 “Go on honey. It will be alright,” Cam’s soothing and motherly voice urged and comforted me. I was grateful for her presence once again.

 With a pat on the shoulder from Cam, I finally stepped out on to the gravel driveway and sat shotgun in Richard’s truck. We drove in silence until we stopped at a red light. I wasn’t looking Richard’s way but out of the window instead, watching the world go by and reminding myself that there were more trivial and stressful things out there than going to school for the first time.