Chapter 13

I haven't had the time to look through this and edit it on Wattpad so I'm sorry for any mistakes that  comes up. Oh and this chapter includes a fight scene. It is the first ever fight scene I have ever written so forgive me if some parts of it don't make sense.

Other than that, enjoy Chapter 13 :D

That Friday, the group (Sebastian’s band of friends) and I made our way quickly through the rain to the building housing the sports hall. Sebastian had told me yesterday that Phys Ed was a class shared by everybody and coached by the head of PE, Mr Pitt. I wasn’t exactly looking forward to it because Ophelia would be there, digging her dagger eyes into my back. It was tiring ignoring her and it took a lot of strength not to march right up to her, scream and slap her frown right off of her pretty little face. I was very proud of myself for being able to hold off for so long. Avoiding Ophelia took some work.

 Inside the school building I shook my hair out of my face and followed after Alaska and Angel as they chattered about some rock star I had no clue about.

 “We’re in here Saskia,” Alaska told me as I watched her open a door to the left. Reira followed from behind me. She overtook me and pushed through into the changing rooms, Angel close behind her. I quickened my pace and joined Alaska as she entered the changing room.

 The first thing I thought was, it doesn’t smell. Not like it had in my previous school anyway. It was filled with semi-naked girls, throwing off clothes like it didn’t matter at all. Alaska and Angel took places near the door beside each other. I preferred to just drift to the back and take anywhere that wasn’t too close to anyone. I was conscious of my body but not because I thought I was fat or anything. Like I said before, it had always been just me and my mom. I wasn’t used to sharing things with other people and that included the image of me in my underwear. Peeling off my clothes felt like peeling my layers and my walls that kept me protected and safe.

 “5 minutes to change girls!” a high-pitched voice called. I took a peak over my shoulder and saw Kimberley from my Calculus class standing on a bench and smiling down at everyone. It filled me with contempt. I didn’t like the way she regarded us like subjects. The werewolf in me growled at the prospect of being owned and commanded by a weak human.

 I turned back around and focused on getting changed as quickly as possible. Glancing around, I saw that most of the girls wore shorts. I hadn’t brang any, just sweat pants. Instantly I felt different, like an outsider. Reira, who was getting changed opposite me, pulled on a pair of silky, white sports shorts that showed off her long legs perfectly. I tore my jeans off and hurriedly pulled on my grey sweat pants. I matched it with a white t-shirt.

 “Girls, you ready?” a booming, male voice shouted from outside the door.

 “Yes coach,” Kimberley replied skipping up to the door and yanking it open without a second thought about the people that were still getting changed. But the coach seemed to know well. He kept his eyes averted, nodded and marched down the hall to what I presume was the entrance to the sports hall. Kimberly followed behind him.

Once in the sports hall, I marvelled at the sheer size of it. The roof felt like miles away, the walls too. A set of bleachers stood on both sides of the hall and an array of boys were dotted here and there on the bleachers to the right. A girl standing next to Ophelia (who looked scarily like Kimberley) screamed out a name I couldn’t quite catch and leaped towards a group of boys. Looking at the people she was headed towards I noticed Clayton. He had his elbows propped up on his seats back and was lazily grinning my way. It seemed he hadn’t yet noticed who was headed towards him. When she did reach him, she took no notice of the boys surrounding him and practically threw herself onto his lap. Her arms encircled his neck and she was squealing like a piglet. Clayton looked surprised and to my amusement, a little scared. He tried to push the girl off of his chest but she didn’t budge. Then he whispered into her ear and she reluctantly let go but still stayed sitting on his lap. Ophelia’s voice distracted me for a second.