Chapter 6

C e l i a ' s      P o i n t     o f      V i e w

"Wake up."

I felt a harsh shove on my shoulder and groaned. I was not ready to wake up; sleep was too enjoyable. Especially after yesterday. Traveling seemed to just drain me, even if it was only a three hour flight.

By the time we had reached my father's house it was nearly eight o'clock at night. I was too tired to unpack the few belongings I brought with me and to explore the house, so I just went to sleep in one of the guest bedrooms

"Oh my gosh, wake up already." The same irritated voice stated again, giving me another shove on the shoulder.

I sat up and rubbed my shoulder as a loud yawn escaped my mouth. "What time is it?" I asked, my eyes still adjusting to the bright light the open curtains were letting in.

The person groaned. "It's seven in the morning. I've been trying to wake you up for like, ten minutes now."

My face finally turned to the person and I realized it was my half-sister who happened to be just a few months younger than I was. Audrey Winthrop, otherwise known as the reason why my parents got divorced. She was the child of the woman my father had an affair with. The woman who my dad remarried. The woman who never tolerated me. I guess I reminded her too much of my mother, who she despised.

I blinked. Audrey always despised me to, but maybe she's changed since it's been a couple of years since we last spoke. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and be kind. "Audrey..Sorry, I'm a deep sleeper. Did you need something?"

She stared at me and shook her head. "No, but apparently you do. Daddy says I need to take you shopping. Be downstairs in five minutes or I swear I'm leaving without you and buying stuff on my own. Probably better off that way anyway." She stated, eyeing my outfit up and down with a grimace on her face. I was still wearing the sweats and oversized t-shirt from yesterday.

Ok, so Audrey's still a bitch.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, "Do we really have to go right now? I can just drive myself later." I really was not a morning person and it was just too early to deal with someone who hated my guts.

Audrey rolled her eyes, "You think I want to go with you? I don't. Daddy's making me so the sooner we get it done, the better. Four minutes, clock's ticking." 

With that, she left the guest room. I threw myself back down onto the soft bed and screamed into a pillow. The wall's were super soundproof, so I didn't have to worry about anyone hearing me. Not that anyone would even care. My dad probably wasn't even home. He was always working.

He was kind of a big deal in Louisiana. He had a high position in a popular tech company that he'd been working for nearly his entire life with a good friend of his. To say he was rich was an understatement. His house was probably triple the size of my house back in Michigan, and I lived in a fairly average size two story house, so that was saying something.

I sighed, sitting back up and making my way to the connected guest bathroom. It was very spacious and was decorated with plants and paintings.

I washed my face, but did not fix my long auburn hair at all. It was either fix that, or do my makeup. And I never left the house without my eyeliner, so I opted for the makeup and left my hair a mess. Audrey was yelling 'tik tok' on repeat from downstairs, but I ignored her. 

After scrummaging through my suitcase, I pulled out a pair of running shorts and a t-shirt. My outfit looked very sporty, which was ironic because I was the least sporty person out there. However, it was hot as hell outside so I had to work with what I brought.