Chapter 4

C e l i a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"I'm such a freaking pushover! Why did I say yes?" I asked as I paced my bedroom later that night. It was nearly midnight now and I'd been at it since my dad left two hours ago. He had some business thing he had to take care of and said he would be back to get me in two days.

Luke sat on the edge of my bed, watching me. "Because deep down you know it's a good decision."

I turned to him, "No it's not, if it was such a good decision I wouldn't be second guessing myself right now!"

He let a light chuckle out. "You second guess everything though."

"I do not!"

He smiled, "You have debates over whether you should get sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies at Harry's Gran's cafe almost every day. Then when you decide on one, you always wish you got the other."

I glared. "Cookies are important. No one wants to eat the wrong cookie, that's just like...a disgrace to society."

He playfully rolled his eyes, "I think I've proven my point. Either way Cel, I think this was the right decision."

"You do?"

He nodded, "It's going to suck not seeing you every day, but you'll be back before we know it. You can transfer your credits from the first semester and please your dad by trying so he'll then respect you, which will lead to him allowing you to live with me later on."

I blinked and stopped pacing. "I guess you're right....But...but, and I know this is highly unlikely...but what if I actually do end up liking it there?"

He reached out and pulled me closer, "Then we'll figure it out when that time comes. For now, let's just enjoy our time together while we still can."

His lips softly pressed to mine and I smiled against them as I inched closer to him. I loved everything about Luke and was going to miss him like crazy. He really did understand me the best out of everyone I knew. I couldn't imagine living without him by my side every day, but I wasn't going to think about that now. I was just going to think about how he was by my side at the moment, and I wanted to make the most of it.

_______________________________________

"Celia, honey..wake up! Your father is here now, his business was cleared up earlier than he thought." My mom shouted from outside my bedroom door.

My eyes slowly opened and I smiled as Luke had his arm wrapped around me, my head on his chest.

"Celia?!" My mom shouted.

I sighed, not wanting to ever move.

"You should probably answer her." Luke mumbled in a groggy voice as he peaked an eye open.

"Yeah, probably." I replied before kissing his cheek.

He smiled and turned his head closer to mine, pecking my lips.

"That's it, we're coming in!" My mom shouted.

My eyes grew wide and I tried to throw the covers over Luke to cover him up because I swore I heard my mom say 'we'.

"Celia, wake u....up." My mom stated, her voice dying out as she saw Luke. Luke slept over all the time, so it wasn't like she had a problem with it. However, my father was a whole other story.

He let out an uncomfortable cough. "I need you to start packing, our flight is this evening at four."

I stared at him as if he were crazy. "You want me to pack everything up and say goodbye to my friends in -" I checked my phone, "six and a half hours?!"

He shook his head, "You don't have to pack everything, you can go shopping for new furniture and clothes and such in Louisiana. Just pack the necessities. And please get that boy some clothes on." He stated before leaving my room in a rush.

My mom followed him out after stating she was going to go find my suitcase.

I turned to Luke. "So the nightmare begins now?"

He shot me a smile. "No, the nightmare begins later. We still have six and a half hours left."

_______________________________________

thanks for reading!!! this was short but next chapter is much longer!