Chapter 2

C e l i a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"Come on, this makes me look hot, right?" Luke asked as he jokingly posed in a romphim at a store in the mall.

I gave him a small smile; it was the best I could manage considering what just happened. When Luke had asked how it went after picking me up, I panicked and lied. So as far as he knows, nothing is wrong. But in reality, a lot was.

"Cel, what's wrong?" he asked, tilting his head as he noticed my discomfort.

I shrugged, "Nothing's wrong. You should totally buy that romper."

"Romphim." He corrected in a joking manner, trying to lighten the mood.

A small laugh escaped my lips and I nodded, "Sorry, my bad."

"Was that a laugh I just heard?" He questioned, looking at me with a large, adorable grin.

I shook my head, "No, I have no idea what you are talking about."

He grinned and inched closer, "I'm buying this romphim. Wearing it out of the store, even. Anything to keep you laughing."

"Please do not buy a romphim just for that sole purpose." I replied, shaking my head as I imagined him walking through the mall in the tiny outfit.

He turned to the side and looked at his reflection in the mirror. "Why? Does it make my thighs look fat?"

Another giggle bursted out of me as I leaned against the door frame to the dressing room he was in. He always knew the right things to say to make me feel better. It was kind of crazy how well he understood me. "I love you." I muttered, unable to keep the thought just to myself.

A large boyish smile spread across his face and he pecked me on the lips. "I love you too, CeCe."

______________________________________________

By the end of the night, I had completely forgotten all about my bad college news. Luke had managed to distract me and fully lift my spirits. The day had been filled with so much giggling it was insane.

"You aren't seriously going to let my mom see you in that, are you?" I asked as we made our way to my front porch, hand in hand.

He had actually bought the romphim and had been wearing it around all day, receiving lots of strange looks from people but only a look of admiration from me. He was a fool, but at least he was an adorable fool. My adorable fool.

Luke shrugged, "Jerry from the crepe place loved it. I think your mother will love it too."

I chuckled, "Jerry from the crepe place pretends to be French even though he clearly is not, I don't know if I'd trust his opinion."

Luke narrowed his eyes in a playful manner. "I look fantastic and no one can tell me differently."

Laughing at his comment, I reached for my key in my bag to open the door. "You should wear that to my eighteenth birthday party."

He shook his head as I began turning the knob, "I don't want to outshine you and all your hotness."

A loud snort escaped me due his comment but then my cheeks instantly brightened, resembling a cherry tomato, as I noticed someone standing inside my living room with his hands folded across his chest.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked, staring up at the figure I had barely seen throughout my years of growing up into who I was today. 

I didn't even feel comfortable calling the guy 'dad' because he really wasn't a father to me at all.

The fact that he was here now only meant there was trouble ahead. Big trouble.

______________________________________

this is short but next chapter will be out tomorrow! thanks for reading!